The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Southern's owner up for award

lapford34102

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if that horrible Peter Wilkinson gets a knighthood too!

Indeed - although he seems to have gone to ground for the moment. Have his masters finally twigged he a big reason why the dispute has gone so bad or is he sitting in his office / lair preparing plans to screw up SWT / another TOC in the manor of a crazed bond villain

• RMweb Gold

Indeed - although he seems to have gone to ground for the moment. Have his masters finally twigged he a big reason why the dispute has gone so bad or is he sitting in his office / lair preparing plans to screw up SWT / another TOC in the manor of a crazed bond villain

I think he's making a habit of it wherever he can - the man seems to be some sort of raving maniac as far as I can work out.  Maybe we could do something to OBB in retaliation and make his days off a misery for him?

• RMweb Gold

I read in the loco journal that he's been asked to resign by the government as he'd made his position untenable

He should not be asked to resign (which probably means a very generous goodbye package). He should be sacked. Simples.

Keith

Another bit of shite reporting. Someone has nominated Sussex CRP for three awards for projects which required Govia to co-operate (even if the extent of the co-operation was just not saying 'no').

Some of the ACORP awards are for individuals in the CRPs, some are for initiatives involving the CRP and the TOC. If the award involves a project in which the TOC also did something then they get jointly nominated. If the press think ACORP are somehow apologists for the TOCs or part of some mutual back-slapping rail industry illuminati then they clearly haven't met Paul Salveson or any of his colleagues.  

Example: 

1 - Eric from the CRP hands out leaflets promoting use of a line - Eric gets nominated.

2. - Eric persuades the CRP to produce and the TOC to pay for a series of information boards on stations - CRP and TOC get jointly nominated.

The alternative is that none of the CRPs (volunteer groups working in their own time don't forget) operating on Govia routes can be nominated for anything, however worthy, simply because they happen to be saddled with an operator everyone else hates.

Archived