Freightliner Cottam Hall

Crisis Rail

post-7252-0-23556300-1477648477.gif

Freightliner 57's 90's 86's  - Shed Free (for the time being) :spiteful:

Fuelling Point

Stabling Point

Filth

Grime

Usual stuff.

This has been on the cards for quite a while - the demise of the garage roundy has accelerated the impetus to do "something" as the nights

draw in yet again.

Resurrected Knightwing tanks kitbashed and detail added to a certain extent with a scratchbuilt bund - all very course and far from complete awaiting primer.

post-7252-0-45600600-1477144995_thumb.jpg

post-7252-0-83922100-1477145026_thumb.jpg

Progress being made on a different perspective of viewpoint with a crudely butchered (definitely) Gaugemaster shed.

post-7252-0-25349200-1477145157_thumb.jpg

post-7252-0-53106600-1477145187_thumb.jpg

More updates if time.

Cheers

Edited by Crisis Rail
  • Like 3

An early start on a typically gloomy Autumn  October morning in Lancashire.

SWMBO off out at work so it's a good opportunity not to be missed :D

post-7252-0-97386400-1477729751_thumb.jpg

post-7252-0-13070000-1477729773_thumb.jpg

The view through using "frame" buildings to the intended focal point of the fuelling point.

Looking forward to adding all sorts of clutter on this foreground.

post-7252-0-05610200-1477729793_thumb.jpg

All track C&L finescale with conversion section to Code 100 to fiddle yard.

A false siding at the rear for static display maybe add power for added interest?

Embankment formers bonded (balsa) hard standings next up out of plasticard for the newer section and Wills paving

for the fuelling point and yard light bases.,

Ian

Edited by Crisis Rail
  • Like 2

To be fair this attempt has been on my mind now for maybe a couple of years just a matter of getting round to doing it - I know exactly what I want and the views although narrowed and restricted are what I want to model and see with high detail and soundchipped Traction.No need for Templot with this minimalistic trackwork :D lucky to have a point -  and this is hidden.

No rush - still have plenty of items to source.

Ian

This is looking like a nice little project. Particularly like the look of the track plan. Unless I've missed it are those the old Hornby HST sheds? They are a nice modern building which I had a couple of on an early layout whilst I was still at home with my parents. I had one as a depot but the other was bashed into a warehouse.

Seeing the "no sheds for now" will any 47's be appearing as didn't the 57's transition between the two.

Cheers

Marcus

This is looking like a nice little project. Particularly like the look of the track plan. Unless I've missed it are those the old Hornby HST sheds? They are a nice modern building which I had a couple of on an early layout whilst I was still at home with my parents. I had one as a depot but the other was bashed into a warehouse.

Seeing the "no sheds for now" will any 47's be appearing as didn't the 57's transition between the two.

Cheers

Marcus

Marcus

Yes it is the old Hornby Depot rebranded by Gaugemaster in a FALLER box :scratchhead:

RATIO gutters and downpipes added as I thought it was lacking in detail a bit.

post-7252-0-01848000-1477842620_thumb.jpg

Lots of decent vents for the roof too.

post-7252-0-87671300-1477842689_thumb.jpg

As regard the GM 66's  - never say never - I am looking forward to modelling some Sparkies eventually although these will be DIT at present but option for OHLE in the near siding.

Ian

Edited by Crisis Rail

The Buildings look really good with the added detail attached. I also like the restricted view, I find it creates more interest when you have to look round things.

Anyway, I have to ask, do you like chick peas?   :biggrin_mini2:

:) not particularly Marcus  - mine is the Green Tin :D it was a case of needs must.

As regards the viewpoint it is better "in the flesh" so to speak as you can physically move your position.

Ian

• Like 1

On 31/10/2016 at 14:31, Grimleygrid said:

Nice to see you back modelling again Ian!

Thank You Alex - thought it was time to put my head over the parapet once again.

Although it has been predictably parked as per usual.

Not a binner but from its initial modelled perception there doesn't seem to be much going on in narrowing the viewpoint.

Ian

Edited by Crisis Rail

• 4 years later...