Westborough Terminal

Alcanman

Gaugemaster are currently showing 'to order' the newly announced run of Altas GP40-2s with sound, at an eye watering price of £275.00 plus p&p.  This is around £50.00 more then I paid for my GP40-2 from Trainworld.

:O Blimey at those prices you could almost get into O Scale!! :yes: except, of course, the lack of choice for modern 2-rail verges on 'Pathetic' :(

3 days is very quick shipping - did it slip through customs?? ;)

Sadly, did not slip through customs but the heavily discounted price from Trainworld makes it worthwhile.

Trainworld price for an Atlas GP40-2 with ESU Loksound $179.99!   The next run from Atlas includes CSX in latest 'boxcar' paInt scheme which many GP40-2s carry  today.

Oh dear, looks like I'll have to start saving up. 

http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/HOLocomotives/hogp40-2/1216/h10002574.jpg

I've found a new uk supplier for US outline called Invicta Model Rail (new to me anyway). Google them and you will find that they seem to have a decent range, mainly Athearn RTR, Athearn Genesis and Roundhouse with some others. I've had 3 or 4 things from them, the prices were comparable with the US import route, shipping was prompt and reasonable. Most locos in stock seem to be DCC ready which I actually prefer as I favour Loksound over Tsunami at the moment which means I can put Loksound in Athearn Genesis locos.

Cheers

Chris

I've found a new uk supplier for US outline called Invicta Model Rail (new to me anyway). Google them and you will find that they seem to have a decent range, mainly Athearn RTR, Athearn Genesis and Roundhouse with some others. I've had 3 or 4 things from them, the prices were comparable with the US import route, shipping was prompt and reasonable. Most locos in stock seem to be DCC ready which I actually prefer as I favour Loksound over Tsunami at the moment which means I can put Loksound in Athearn Genesis locos.

Cheers

ChrisModelr

I've always found Invicta Model Rail very helpful, some of the people who work there used to run 'Modelzone'

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this thread.  Nice work.

As I type this, I'm sitting about 5 miles away from Westborough Terminal.  I'm always amazed when someone in the UK decides to model something in my backyard.

And yes, GP40-2's are pretty common around here.  I routinely see them from my office trundling up the branch from Framingham to Leominster on their "once a day, M-F" train.  This was taken on Monday...

post-7591-0-43338700-1484144387_thumb.jpg

Dear RMWebbers,

Those Framingham-local GP40-2s are specifically in the 62xx series and have cab signals for running across the NEC. (to one of my fave CSX NE switching areas, "the Chocolate" ;-) ).

In allied info, if anyone has an Ath HO CSX GP40-2 #6233 they're willing to part with, I'd love to know... (the "thrill of the hunt" is wearing a little thin...)

Happy modelling,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for the heads up regarding Invicta, Chris

There has been an increase in steel loads arriving at Westborough and I've been looking for a couple of extra gons to handle the traffic.

I was rather pleased to see that Invicta had these 2 CSX gons in stock and reasonably priced. The one on the left is an upgraded Athearn BB 50ft gon and the one on the right is an upgraded MDC Roundhouse (now Athearn Roundhouse) 52ft mill gondola.

Delivered in less than 48 hours, very impressive!

post-7898-0-55379900-1486651349_thumb.jpg

post-7898-0-59688600-1486651383_thumb.jpg

post-7898-0-51074600-1486651401_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just found this thread.  Nice work.

As I type this, I'm sitting about 5 miles away from Westborough Terminal.  I'm always amazed when someone in the UK decides to model something in my backyard.

And yes, GP40-2's are pretty common around here.  I routinely see them from my office trundling up the branch from Framingham to Leominster on their "once a day, M-F" train.  This was taken on Monday...

attachicon.gifCSX Southboro snow 1-9-17 1.jpg

This photo has given me some inspiration for a new layout which will be located only a few miles from Westborough.   COMING SOON - THE MARLBOROUGH BRANCH !!

Archived