Masons lane

mason

Ok so it's been a long time since I have posted much on here which is pretty much down to how busy and successful The Little layout company has become

We are very proud of what we have achieved in such a short space of time.

We thought it was about time we built a new show layout, many who went to the Peterborough BRM show may have seen the new board system we are building and the start of the track work.

The board is 6mm ply with mdf side panels and measures 5x2

This sits on our own bespoke trestles and includes our folding front and detachable side system.

These came about due to us wanting to get away from the cliche black material fronts at shows and keeping with our little layouts name.

The whole layout with trestles and folding panels is extremely light and can be erected in around 15 minutes.

The theme of the layout is based on what I enjoy building best, a depot scene with dirt and grime.

I know Iv done a few times but it is my favourite type of layout to build.

I will add more detail and description on as we go

We are currently glossing the outer boards n panels and have fitted a tam valley shuttle system on the top tier which will mean that when I'm chattting at shows something is moving constantly, this is a great little gadget and easy to fit.

Any way s few pics to keep you entertained

post-6696-0-70457300-1477761347_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-52674200-1477761358_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-11318300-1477761369_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-44845800-1477761382_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-24974800-1477761395_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-04322800-1477761408_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-80028300-1477761422_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-53514800-1477761435_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-01418300-1477761449.jpgpost-6696-0-25459100-1477761460.jpg

To see more on the build follow us on Facebook @ the little layout company or see our website

www.thelittlelayoutcompany.co.uk

• Like 14

Hi Neil, Good to see you back on here, and when I saw the title I thought you'd bought my old Masons Lane that came 6th in the Hornby Mag 3sq ft challenge a couple of years back, hahha.

Your Layouts looking really neat mate, super woodworking, good luck with the project mate. (although I think the name will definitely help it work well) hahhah.

• Like 2

Thanks Anthony

Iv been checking your stuff out lately too, some great work.

The boards are currently drying now the gloss is completed and the carcasses for the buildings are being covered with plastic sheets.

I will post a few progress pics tomorrow as I will be fitting the point motor system using seeps.

Once these are done I can make a start on the scenics.

The layout is already booked into Mansfield 2017 and will also feature on our demo stand at Doncaster BRM

Hi Neil, Good to see you back on here, and when I saw the title I thought you'd bought my old Masons Lane that came 6th in the Hornby Mag 3sq ft challenge a couple of years back, hahha.

Your Layouts looking really neat mate, super woodworking, good luck with the project mate. (although I think the name will definitely help it work well) hahhah.

Hi Andy

Thank you and ooh I forgot it was the same name as yours I'll change it over to Masons yard instead

We have been doing the planning phase for a while but wanted this to be as if we had designed it for a customer

Hope to meet up soon Andy

• Like 1

Ok so it's been a long time since I have posted much on here which is pretty much down to how busy and successful The Little layout company has become

We are very proud of what we have achieved in such a short space of time.

We thought it was about time we built a new show layout, many who went to the Peterborough BRM show may have seen the new board system we are building and the start of the track work.

The board is 6mm ply with mdf side panels and measures 5x2

This sits on our own bespoke trestles and includes our folding front and detachable side system.

These came about due to us wanting to get away from the cliche black material fronts at shows and keeping with our little layouts name.

The whole layout with trestles and folding panels is extremely light and can be erected in around 15 minutes.

The theme of the layout is based on what I enjoy building best, a depot scene with dirt and grime.

I know Iv done a few times but it is my favourite type of layout to build.

I will add more detail and description on as we go

We are currently glossing the outer boards n panels and have fitted a tam valley shuttle system on the top tier which will mean that when I'm chattting at shows something is moving constantly, this is a great little gadget and easy to fit.

Any way s few pics to keep you entertained

attachicon.gifIMG_4393.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4392.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4391.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4390.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4389.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4388.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4384.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4386.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4381.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4380.JPG

To see more on the build follow us on Facebook @ the little layout company or see our website

www.thelittlelayoutcompany.co.uk

.....just up my street Neil as you know :D

• Like 1

Hi Andy

Thank you and ooh I forgot it was the same name as yours I'll change it over to Masons yard instead

We have been doing the planning phase for a while but wanted this to be as if we had designed it for a customer

Hope to meet up soon Andy

Don't change the name mate, it's fine by me and suits the Depot so please keep it if you want.

• Like 1

I like this it's looking good with loads of operational interest excellent and in such a small space well done. The first shots of the layout with all the staging etc are very cleaver almost looks like a railway  'Punch & Judy' stall  :jester:  :jester:

Will follow with interest excellent 

• Like 1

I like the stock entry point where the bridge is makes a change than an end to end fiddleyard - Dudley Road is similar.

Will you be venturing up to the Northwest sometime on an exhibition is it it a bit too early yet?

Ian

I like this it's looking good with loads of operational interest excellent and in such a small space well done. The first shots of the layout with all the staging etc are very cleaver almost looks like a railway  'Punch & Judy' stall  :jester:  :jester:

Will follow with interest excellent

Looking like the makings of a very interesting little layout. Especially with the split height. Looking forward to following along.

Cheers

Marcus

Thank you guys

I took a lot of inspiration from a friend of mine Paul wrights borders reach layout

It's a similar plan to that but a foot longer and an extra siding and the addition of the upper running level

• Like 1

I like the stock entry point where the bridge is makes a change than an end to end fiddleyard - Dudley Road is similar.

Will you be venturing up to the Northwest sometime on an exhibition is it it a bit too early yet?

Ian

Dudley Road is a great layout.

Looking good so far Neil.

The backscenes have been added using the premium ID backscenes.

I have used a Sky scene which will work well once the buildings are added on the upper and lower levels as there wil be no lower scene showing.

I have also wired in the seep motors with just the frogs left to wire inpost-6696-0-16520900-1477928915.jpgpost-6696-0-08898500-1477928952.jpgpost-6696-0-00628300-1477928961.jpg

• Like 1

Five feet is a nice size and the subject is right up my street so I guess I will be following. I missed Mansfield this year, hopefully I will get along to the next one.

Thank you Dave

I think it's a good size to as it pretty much fits in most roomed and can be transported easily too.

Come and say hello if you visit next year

A little more done today with the placement of the first left building on the upper shuttle section.

Outer details to add like pipes and signage.

Our shop buildings expert James styles has done a great job on the buildings and the layout is starting to take shape quickly

The deadline has moved forward slightly as we will be attending the Chiltern model railway exhibition in January 2017

Can't beat a good dead line

post-6696-0-03399700-1478033191.jpgpost-6696-0-35920400-1478033202.jpgpost-6696-0-86354500-1478033212.jpg

• Like 7

The layout lower section is now live

The frogs are running from Gaugemaster auto frog units which I couldn't recommend enough

The points throwing nicely using Seep PM4. Motors.

The control panel with the shuttle system control panel is nicrky slotted in and the prodigy is all wired up.

Iv started to place buildings n fuel points etc just to get a feel for how it will work out.

I have had the concrete hard standing laser cut by Justin at model railway scenery which if my measurements are right should slot in easily which will get me going on the ballast.

It's coming along quickly which is great considering it's got its first show in January and now confirmed for BRM Doncaster

post-6696-0-62656000-1478200570.jpgpost-6696-0-12680600-1478200580.jpgpost-6696-0-57341900-1478200588.jpgpost-6696-0-61366200-1478200597.jpgpost-6696-0-26836800-1478200607.jpgpost-6696-0-44330500-1478200616.jpgpost-6696-0-33253600-1478200625.jpg

• Like 6