Grimsby, Immingham and surrounding area

• RMweb Gold

Slightly cooler at Barnetby today I suspect but the only thing about was a 66 loitering in the yard, 66 475, and a stoneblower. needless to say I didn't stay long as the long view shows the weather quite well!

IMG_20231202_144519.jpg

IMG_20231202_145736.jpg

IMG_20231202_144538.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently Keadby Canal Bridge is under maintenance/repair so some services diverted by Brigg. 

Visited 3 sites today and images attached 

Firstly Kettleby LC on single section between Brigg & Wragby 

IMG_4495.jpeg

IMG_4496.jpeg

IMG_4498.jpeg

IMG_4499.jpeg

Edited by DOCJACOB
Typo
  • Like 4

Next quick circuit: back to Barnetby & as quiet back off to Brigg which is not the most scenic venue in the world I’m afraid. 

Engineering working was unexpected bonus as running very very late. 

IMG_4501.jpeg

IMG_4502.jpeg

IMG_4503.jpeg

IMG_4505.jpeg

IMG_4500.jpeg

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Something different today. Went with mate to Mathewsons of Bangers & Cash fame to view Aston Martin DB 9 pre auction. 

Lots of lovely items to have a “punt” at even found another Z3 to add, but been advised have too many toys already. 

Had a great few hours & spotted this in the “small” part of sale. Unfortunately no provenance so won’t touch with barge pole. 

Yorkshire Wolds Railway closed so viewed as passing. The diesel under restoration I had ride on when cement works existed in Melton. Posted images but lost in server crash. 

IMG_4546.jpeg

IMG_4542.jpeg

Interesting day: Started chauffeuring wife to Orthopaedic Clinic at Lincoln County Hospital, quick lunch at Doddington Hall (jolly nice) & a detour on way home to a couple of lesser visited spots.

Hard to imagine there was a lot of Iron Ore & Chalk mining in the past fairly close by.

Moortown Station today & adjacent minor road level crossing. 

IMG_4559.jpeg

IMG_4558.jpeg

• Like 1

After 2Q30 according to real-time trains.

Appears got to Hexthorpe Junction & next report was at Doncaster ie avoided a scenic trip to Barton & yours truly. 

Ended up Plan B at Thornton Abbey 

IMG_4568.jpeg

IMG_4569.jpeg

IMG_4572.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Plan C on circuitous way home. Stopped off at Goxhill (remarkably intact?) & caught 66 078 working on way home at my usual haunt (though Network  Rail) seems to to have I/D crisis IMG_4575.jpeg.ceb51db0c73879eaa2c4328fe344ccd3.jpeg

IMG_4576.jpeg

IMG_4574.jpeg

IMG_4573.jpeg

Edited by DOCJACOB
Typo
  • Like 5