Strathmuir 4mm 1988 Scottish Region

87023Velocity

Well, this time next week Strathmuir should be boxed up ready for transporting in the van upto Wigan.

Still more work to complete over the next week than I'd like.

I thought that these 2 could get a run on the layout over the show weekend, only as light engines passing through.

37501 & 37502 held waiting a road.

post-6834-0-63647800-1538065758_thumb.jpg

Departing loop.

post-6834-0-21149100-1538065785_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Simon

• Like 7

Evening all, the final few jobs to get Strathmuir ready for Wigan next weekend have been progressed today. A number of signals had an aspect or two not showing. These were traced to loose or damaged wires on the terminal strip.

Also some dummy theatre indicaters were made from plasticard and glued in position. Some dummy call on signals will be added tomorrow with a couple of dummy stencil indicators aswell. The plan had been to update the signals to maybe CR but lack of time etc and decided to stick with the Eckon versions.

post-6834-0-16631200-1538250014_thumb.jpg

post-6834-0-37515300-1538250041_thumb.jpg

Chris called over last night and although we are taking Strathmuir to Wigan next weekend, we are now thinking of building a replacement layout. So as the title states, not sure if to sell layout as a whole or salvage material and re-use boards maybe. I think when we are having a beer or two next Saturday night we should take some paper and pens and make a decision!

Cheers

Simon

• Like 7

Layout all loaded up ready for tomorrow, although not sure if I am ready!

Last minute work on stock, some of which may run into tomorrow evening, I hoped all would be sorted but life etc etc.....

The Cowans Sheldon Breakdown crane only had a temporary coupling between the load bearing runners and the crane itself. So tonight a hopefully better arrangement has been fitted.

Here pictured with 47018, I do like the original Railfreight livery.

post-6834-0-10058500-1538692154_thumb.jpg

The plan is to set Strathmuir up around 2pm tomorrow which should hopefully give us plenty of time to get all stock run through the sequence ready for opening on Saturday.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 6

Layout now set up at the Wigan Exhibition, had a few minor issues, power dropper fractured, point blade to resolder to its dropper.

Here setup minus drapes.

post-6834-0-22121300-1538768812_thumb.jpg

post-6834-0-74427800-1538768834_thumb.jpg

Must admit, been panicking but so far apart from issues mentioned above, all appears to be well.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 5

Well Wigan show is now over and I am enjoying a nice chilled glass of Hobgoblin. The layout performed very well even taking account of a couple of loose wires and a defective point motor which was replaced.

Would just like to say thanks on behalf of Chris and myself for all the great comments we received for the layout, they were much appreciated.

The operating team all enjoyed themselves, though we are all now quite tired.

Going forward, there are various items of stock which still need small bits of detail adding and further weathering.

Thanks again.

Simon

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm not sure how I missed this up until now.

Very Scottish in feel and atmosphere. I'll need to look out for this on the circuit. Any chance it is likely to appear at Model Rail Scotland , Glasgow or the Perth shows?

Can I correct a typo in the title? Scottish should have two 't"s.........

Thanks for sharing.

Best

Scott.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, scottystitch said:

I'm not sure how I missed this up until now.

Very Scottish in feel and atmosphere. I'll need to look out for this on the circuit. Any chance it is likely to appear at Model Rail Scotland , Glasgow or the Perth shows?

Can I correct a typo in the title? Scottish should have two 't"s.........

Thanks for sharing.

Best

Scott.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for pointing out the typo, now corrected. 

Thanks for the comments, unfortunately no shows planned as yet, the layout is currently boxed up whilst Dallam is worked on.

Cheers

Simon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...