Electrification to Hull cancelled.

Those HGVs distribute the nation's wealth, they are vastly more important than any private car, yours or mine.

Goods, they transport goods. The wealth of this nation is of a rather more complicated affair than Chinese manufactured products, being carried by an east European driver for an ostensibly European/USA company that may or may not hold up British tax payers.

C6T.

Agreed, but what of emergency vehicles? And what of distributing a bit more of the nation's wealth on rails?

The problem these days seems to be that we order so much online and want it yesterday. What happened to order and await arrival?

I wasn't actually thinking of emergency vehicles as they always seem to find a way through by the thoughtfulness of all road users.

As for more freight by rail, yes please! But as I said in post the other day, unless and until it is possible to re-introduce Speedlink I don't think it's going to happen. But we can but hope.

Regards

• RMweb Premium

Sorry, misleading wording by me. Not at York, but proposals for "HS3" or its new name, Powerhouse something something, to include a more direct route between Leeds and the ECML for northbound/NE originating services, which does not involve going via York. May never happen, but has been raised several times during HS2 consultation by TfN and seems to be gaining traction. But who will have the sovs?

Yes, it will use the existing lines to Harrogate, then go direct through Ripon to link at Northallerton, amazing it hasn't been done before.

Archived