Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Thanks Guys for all your support and good wishes.

Update, I've spoken to Chris K this morning and the Sound Chip for the Minerva Pannier will be with me in a few Days, so once I feel fit enough, I will fit the Chip, and the add on accessories from the Box, then it can be Weathered.

Normal service has been resumed! Andy You're definitely on the mend now, glad to hear it.

Take care.

Steve.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Normal service has been resumed! Andy You're definitely on the mend now, glad to hear it.

Take care.

Steve.

As it is only just past Panto season the response to that has to be "Oh, No he isn't" - he can't be as he hasn't mentioned grass yet!

Glad to see you are still making progress.

Cheers Guys, thanks for all the messages of support.

Sound Chip arrived today from the two Chris's at Minerva, (thanks Guys), so looking forward to getting that fitted quite soon, but the Loco is in the box on the floor under KM and I cant bend down at the moment, so it will have to wait a few more days yet.

• Like 1

Thanks Don, Grahame and Steve for your good wishes, I am still resting, but getting fidgety, so today, I've done a little on PS. :O  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

Well TBH, only on the Lap Top, with the Signage. :sungum:

post-9335-0-30169300-1516642822.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 6

And you are still lifting that heavy mug!

But only with HALF a Spoon of sugar, instead of a whole one Kevin.

I hope to try and and fit the Pannier Sound chip later this week, (doing it in the Consevatory where it's warm) but I cant test it on PS, as it's under KM, and is to heavy for me to move at the moment, (I tried lifting the washing basket this morning, and that hurt), so I'm NOT risking anything yet, even a full Kettle feels heavy at the moment.

I do however I do have a yard of Track and a basic Bachmann controller, so I can at least hear it's basic sounds and functions.

• RMweb Gold

But only with HALF a Spoon of sugar, instead of a whole one Kevin.

I hope to try and and fit the Pannier Sound chip later this week, (doing it in the Consevatory where it's warm) but I cant test it on PS, as it's under KM, and is to heavy for me to move at the moment, (I tried lifting the washing basket this morning, and that hurt), so I'm NOT risking anything yet, even a full Kettle feels heavy at the moment.

I do however I do have a yard of Track and a basic Bachmann controller, so I can at least hear it's basic sounds and functions.

Andy,

One of the best purchases I ever made, both in 4 mm and 7 mm, was a rolling road.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Andy,

One of the best purchases I ever made, both in 4 mm and 7 mm, was a rolling road.

I was recently trying to adjust the volume level on an O gauge loco using a rolling road. The sound became distorted as I gradually increased said volume so much so that I nearly sent the decoder back. However, before doing so I took the loco to the club and found no distortion when running the loco on the club layout and I was then able to increase the volume even further.

I understand that this is not unusual.

I was recently trying to adjust the volume level on an O gauge loco using a rolling road. The sound became distorted as I gradually increased said volume so much so that I nearly sent the decoder back. However, before doing so I took the loco to the club and found no distortion when running the loco on the club layout and I was then able to increase the volume even further.

I understand that this is not unusual.

That's interesting Ray, I adjust the Volume / F27 / F28 on the Jinty at home on PS, and find it's still O.K. at the Club when I go up on a Friday, as there are only a few of us upstairs, so it's nice and quiet.

• RMweb Premium

I don't have an O gauge layout here and the (diesel) loco in question was a mate's Heljan which he runs on his garden layout. Hence the use of the rolling road here (and why my mate wanted the sound level increased).

I was running the loco at a fair speed and increasing the volume until it started to distort. I then knocked it back a little to eliminate the distortion.

The loco then went to the club for a test run with its new decoder. I thought I'd see what happened if I tried increasing the volume in a much bigger area of the club room. This was more for devilment than anything else.

I was surprised that even with the loco flat out I could increase the sound value quiet a lot and still not get the distortion I'd got when using the rolling road.

You probably won't have the same problem on PS in TOPS as you're likely to have the sound level a little more restrained than my mate does in his garden.

I don't have an O gauge layout here and the (diesel) loco in question was a mate's Heljan which he runs on his garden layout. Hence the use of the rolling road here (and why my mate wanted the sound level increased).

I was running the loco at a fair speed and increasing the volume until it started to distort. I then knocked it back a little to eliminate the distortion.

The loco then went to the club for a test run with its new decoder. I thought I'd see what happened if I tried increasing the volume in a much bigger area of the club room. This was more for devilment than anything else.

I was surprised that even with the loco flat out I could increase the sound value quiet a lot and still not get the distortion I'd got when using the rolling road.

You probably won't have the same problem on PS in TOPS as you're likely to have the sound level a little more restrained than my mate does in his garden.

Morning Ray, In TOPS I have the volumes very low, especially the Diesels on KM and the O Gauge 08, but with a Steamer it's never so bad, I used to have half a dozen OO Gauge Steam Locos simmering away, but start up the same number of Diesels and it's just a bl**dy row.

At Shows with Glen Roy and Deesdale Road, I always had to increase the Diesel Volumes otherwise they couldn't be heard.

Well this morning I had my mate Lee around, he is the one that helped me do the Shed all that time ago. He came to see how I was doing, and being a former O Gauger he got the Pannier out from the Box under KM and set up PS to see it running along with the Jinty and 08. Whilst the Pannier was out, I took the opportunity to fit the Sound Chip to it, and very nice it is too, I'm more than pleased with it, so thanks Chris and Chris.

• Like 3

Whilst the Pannier was out, I took the opportunity to fit the Sound Chip to it, and very nice it is too, I'm more than pleased with it

Hi Andy,

I hope you're recovering at a steady rate, can I ask ( to save me trawling thought ) what sound chip have you used in the Pannier please ?

Grahame

Hi Andy,

I hope you're recovering at a steady rate, can I ask ( to save me trawling thought ) what sound chip have you used in the Pannier please ?

Grahame

Thanks Grahame, it's supplied direct from Minerva and is a Zimo I think, I haven't really played with it properly yet as we just ran it backwards and forwards to hear it.

Andy,

I have not read for a few days and was shocked at your news. Glad to see you are on the road to recovery.

Alan.

Cheers Alan, very slowly improving thanks, even an hour just fitting a Chip and testing was tiring, so I need to take things very easy for quite some time yet.

I've been asked about the Sig naTrak controller via a PM, I have one on order for PS to replace the one I sold last year. :no:  :no:  :no:

http://www.signatrak.co.uk/

For those who don't know about them, here is a short Video showing how they work. They are made in Manchester so UK built.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

With my new Sig naTrack sitting at George T's in Manchester until he can make the trip down I have not bothered to try and get PS out from under Kings Moreton. 

But this morning I decided it was time I made a little effort, it wasn't easy, but it is now out and sitting on it's trestles in front of KM's Storage Yard.

The reason for making the effort and getting it out was to try my Minerva Pannier after fitting a Pair of nice Speakers I received from David / Jintyman this week. (instead of the Single that came with the Chip). I soldered on the two wires to the micro plug, and fitted the Speakers, one into each side tank. I then re fitted the Chassis and tested it using the Gaugemaster Prodigy 2.

The sound is really good, and so another job out of the way.

post-9335-0-45853100-1520001614_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-85837600-1520001651_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-43339900-1520001676_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 18