First steps in 0 gauge now for sale

Steve Purves

I know nuffink about the Midland Railway, but have always thought that Dursley Station in Gloucestershire would make a great layout for a person with greater interest in goods than passenger operation, and it had a superb backdrop of factory-scapes.

It might be too long for your needs, but could definitely be shortened without losing the essence, to give a layout a bit similar to one called, I think, Olney, built many years ago by Colin French, a member of my local club, who knows a lot about 0 gauge in tiny spaces. [Yes, its on p37 of that link given by Northroader]

Kevin

I agree with Kevin that Dursley is a very interesting prototype. Here a couple of photos of a scratchbuilt 4mm scale model of Dursley station that I built a couple of years ago for a quicck-build project that might yet get built.

Regards,

Chris.

post-13142-0-58712000-1480336494_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-69129900-1480336496_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

If a couple of fine 0 gauge engines don't kick your mojo into action, nothing will......

PS: If 7mm don't work for you, remember me when you put the 4F up for sale haha....

Haha yeah. They are a nice start point I think. I like the idea of a post WW1 and pre grouping layout. The three locos seem to balance nicely from shunter to passenger and freight engine. I need to start building my rolling stock up now. Might let my industrial sentinel go though... not really relevant anymore!

• 1 month later...

Don't close this Thread though!! Not at least until we've had the answer to this:-

I'm obviously missing something. I still can't find any mention of Wotten-under-Edge.

I'd like to know as well..!! :mosking:

I used to deliver paper to the School smack in the middle of Wotton-under-Edge, a town only built for the horse & cart; what a pain that was with a 17t truck!! :rolleyes:

Archived