Class 142

charliepetty

Hi Charlie,

The 142 looks superb! Will definitely be having one, probably for Oldshaw.

Quick question on the wheels. It could just be the angle of the pic, but is the axle properly aligned with the axle box? Also, I assume there will be space for EM/P4 wheels between the frames?

Many thanks!

Guy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, charliepetty said:

with the assistance of one of the new inovators in the UK market today

Well that's interesting!

142, 143, 144 meeting todays high standards

So I understand that to mean that the 143 and 144 you are doing next is new tooling and better than what you did before? Or did you take your tooling out of that factory and it will be the same as before?

Arran & Charlie

Thanks for clarifying this by the way, as it is something that I think needed some sort of explanation.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2023 at 17:38, charliepetty said:

Not taking orders yet !!!!!  don't panic.

Hi Charlie

You say you're not taking orders yet, but before finding this topic I placed a pre-order through your website on 20th October (order 1818) for RT142-312 and the full amount was taken from my card, which surprised me.  I have an email acknowledgment from you.  I'd just like to make sure that the order really is in your system for delivery when available.  I do note that the price has changed in the meantime though.

Cheers,

Paul Boyd

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, nickb4141 said:

Same here! I’ve paid for five 142’s, so slightly alarmed to here orders haven’t been taken yet - my money’s been taken! 

I’m sure everything’s fine, it might just be the Merseyrail one for which orders aren’t being taken.  I’d still like to be reassured though!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, paulcbuk said:

I’m sure everything’s fine, it might just be the Merseyrail one for which orders aren’t being taken.  I’d still like to be reassured though!

the answer was in response to a question about a Merseyrail one so I'm assuming its a later release not on order yet

Only some of the 142 liveries have been made available to order so far. If you've placed an order it is pay in full up front and you have secured that 142. Any livery showing out of stock or whatever it says hasn't made it to the order stage yet.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BR(S) said:

Only some of the 142 liveries have been made available to order so far. If you've placed an order it is pay in full up front and you have secured that 142. Any livery showing out of stock or whatever it says hasn't made it to the order stage yet.

I understand that now, although at the time I placed the pre-order it wasn’t clear that the full amount would be taken.  It’s not a problem, just surprised me at the time!  I certainly wasn’t casting aspersions on Realtrack, in case anyone read my comment that way.  It was just the “not taking orders” bit that worried me, not initially realising that referred to a specific livery.

Looking through this topic, it’s wonderful to see how far the project has progressed - quite looking forward to delivery in due course!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Ouroborus said:

Could you tell me when the 142's are likely to arrive?

Pretty sure the most accurate information available is they'll arrive on a day ending in "y"

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, Ouroborus said:

Could you tell me when the 142's are likely to arrive?

Think it'll be a while yet, we haven't seen decorated samples of them yet, but have seen decorated samples of the Strathclyde 156 for a while but the production run hasn't arrived for those yet

On 06/03/2023 at 00:08, Kaput said:

Pretty sure the most accurate information available is they'll arrive on a day ending in "y"

Funnily enough, the day my money for it was taken, also had a y in it - today

10 hours ago, cs233 said:

Would not surprise me if EFE release a 142 after the 143,144. It would make commercial sense due to the more numerous options. 

i doubt it, there is no ‘good’ level of tooling out there *yet* for the 142 as there was with the 143/144. 

* realtrack have a super duper 142 on the way however…

On 09/03/2023 at 20:50, cs233 said:

Would not surprise me if EFE release a 142 after the 143,144. It would make commercial sense due to the more numerous options. 

There is nothing to stop EFE Rail doing one and using the same chassis, I only hope the use the same approach as on the 143/144.

As I thought the whole thing was ill thought out and rushed, please also note that, this is why Rapido and ourselves are not using Maytex in China as so far EFE products have not exactly been 'world beaters'

Not long for the skip!!

143 Scrapped.jpg

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2