Class 142

charliepetty

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Bryn_Bach_Railway said:

Now that looks simply stunning! Looking forward to the ATW pair

They look fantastic. Do you have any provincial or GMPTE to tease us with?

23 hours ago, charliepetty said:

Livery samples should be at Glasgow & Model World live at the NEC !!!

142 Northern RTR.jpg

Looks amazing with with a bit of colour! Looking forward to receiving a few of these in various liveries...

If I didn't mention a couple of inaccuracies now, I'd have to forever hold my peace and that would irritate me with it being an amazing looking model! The colour matching on the 156 seem to be better than on the 142, will those be used on the release instead? Also on the logo, the blue portion of the logo is a bit too light - and the N doesn't look as bright as it should, but that may be the camera/lighting (you got it right on the 156, for reference). 😅

Hi Charlie

I'm impressed! The pacer looks ready good! 

One question on the front deflector (if that what is called?). I can see provision for the NEM coupling mount - will you be able to supply or fit a different one with a smaller hole with cosmetic couplings? 

Thanks

Will

38 minutes ago, dj_crisp said:

Hi Charlie

I'm impressed! The pacer looks ready good! 

One question on the front deflector (if that what is called?). I can see provision for the NEM coupling mount - will you be able to supply or fit a different one with a smaller hole with cosmetic couplings? 

Thanks

Will

A dummy BSI Coupling will fit in there.

Charlie

• Like 2

Thanks! I have no plans to use the unit other than on its own so just wondered if there was an alternative deflector front with a smaller hole. No biggie and sounds like there isn't an alternative front.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, The Black Hat said:

Should the marker lights protrude from the front. They almost look flush. Love the detail captured on it all. 

I think that could be an illusion from the lighting. All over lighting removes shadows and flattens profiles. To be honest, we’ll probably have a better idea as more images are posted.

On 31/01/2024 at 12:52, charliepetty said:

Livery samples should be at Glasgow & Model World live at the NEC !!!

142 Northern RTR.jpg

Just needs tatty copy of metro in middle window.....and on the scribbling on second man's desk and window surrounds!....normally guards adding up when cashing up! And the aromatic Walton the wabasto heater in winter... Cracking model Charlie 

10 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

Should the marker lights protrude from the front. They almost look flush. Love the detail captured on it all. 

I had the same thought, you can see the 'indent'  on the 2nd mans side..

This photo I found on Flickr shows the real things protrude ever so slightly..

Class 142 142037 | Northern Rail | Doncaster | 01/11/14

• Like 1

Given there is a slight mis-match on the above cab roof dome I suspect the front might not be quite seated correctly and will no doubt cause the issue with the light clusters.  It's a livery sample so probably won't have the final fit and finish yet.

• Like 1