Watford and District MRC

PenrithBeacon

The Watford & District Model Railway Club

The club has embarked on its latest layout project and if you would like to be involved, come along and see us. See the attached leaflet for details of the layout and where the club meets.

We look forward to you getting involved with us in this new layout.

Watford Advert.pdf

Regards

It's been on the go for 18 months or so, I must say they are a lovely friendly bunch there, not too certain on the quality of the coffee since I left though.

The layout is a simple fiddle yard to fiddle yard layout, similar to their previous layout Callowland. But to 00 gauge (00sf through the crossings), finescale but ready to run friendly. A very sociable club with some excellent modellers.

The layout on the ex LNWR branch is set in a period between the wars (unless its been altered) as Metroland was pushing northwards. The Stanmore branch is much older but Belmont became the busy part of the branch (the model depicts the re-built and enlarged station) as a feeder to the main line at Harrow Weald.

Must finish my Webb 2-4-2 tank and pay them a visit once the track has been laid (don't think they ever ran on the branch)

The layout on the ex LNWR branch is set in a period between the wars (unless its been altered) as Metroland was pushing northwards. The Stanmore branch is much older but Belmont became the busy part of the branch (the model depicts the re-built and enlarged station) as a feeder to the main line at Harrow Weald.

I think you mean Harrow and Wealdstone!

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...