Leaving (How)

Guest Stewart_Mason

Guest Stewart_Mason

Hi there.

After giving it some thought I have decided I'd like to leave RMWeb.  Can anyone tell me how I go about deleting my presence here?

I look at what modellers in the past achieved without the use of web forums, and It's good enough for me. Therefore I'd like to leave. I'd appreciate any advice, as I can't find a link to delete my profile and posts etc.

Many thanks

• RMweb Premium

Close tab, don't type "rmweb.co.uk" into your browser...?

Deleting accounts will be done by the moderators, but I wouldn't expect them to remove your (few) posts without good reason as it'll mean those threads you contributed to lack continuity.

• RMweb Gold

After giving it some thought I have decided I'd like to leave RMWeb.  Can anyone tell me how I go about deleting my presence here?

I look at what modellers in the past achieved without the use of web forums, and It's good enough for me. Therefore I'd like to leave. I'd appreciate any advice, as I can't find a link to delete my profile and posts etc.

Do you really wish to "burn your bridges" quite yet?

Probably best to "sleep on it" for another night or two.

If you still want to leave after that, you could hit the "report" flag on your post in this topic - and set out your position in the box that comes up - or send a PM to Andy or one of the moderators.

Personally though, I wouldn't be in a rush to formally leave any forum site - even one where you're not planning on remaining active. You never know when you might have a good reason for wishing to get involved again, or check a few points.

One thing to realise about forum sites is that any of them will only distract you - or otherwise get in the way of your modelling - if you let them.

A number of people here (and on other sites, too) have found that forum sites can seriously improve their modelmaking skills - either by making it easy to increase their knowledge, or by running "challenges" which motivate them to have a go at building things. Even if they don't actually complete everything, they can still learn a lot by trying their hand at new skills and new methods - exposing their builds to constructive scrutiny - or by doing the research needed before they really get going.

Obviously, this is my personal opinion, which you don't need to accept, but you probably don't need to be quite so quick to "jump" ... .

Huw.

• RMweb Premium

Would it not be easier and simpler to just not come back to the site rather than making a melodramatic I'm leaving announcement? If people don't like the site, or see no value in forums then fair enough, I understand that, but posting that you're leaving and wanting to make a statement about it seems a bit unnecessary and uncalled for to me when you can just leave. 

"You just slip out the back, Jack

Make a new plan, Stan

You don't need to be coy, Roy

Just get yourself free

Hop on the bus, Gus

You don't need to discuss much

Just drop off the key, Lee

And get yourself free"

Paul Simon could have helped.......there are at least 50 ways. (You need to be of a certain age to remember :(

Archived