Dry Rub Down Transfers

Grimleygrid

Great news Alex,

I was only thinking today when your website would be up and running. Just had a look and it's good to see you are going to do some 7mm numbers. 

I am sure you will do well it's a great product.

All the best Peter.

The idea behind the range of transfers was to offer individual number sets for locos that were made up as per the prototype where photographic evidence allowed. For my own models I produced dry rub down transfers which were modelled on the real loco. This is a very laborious process looking at the numbers and spacing to produce a replica number set. Very time consuming!

The dry rub down transfers have the numbers already spaced out/aligned as per the prototype loco where photographic evidence was available and include; data panels and depot allocation stickers where present. This saves time aligning each digit and then adding the data panel etc.

Here are two examples, see below:

BR Corporate Blue 47322
Large Logo 47441

Photo of Large Logo 47441 for reference:

15955035745_2f6f2cdae5_z.jpg47441 by Alan Monk, on Flickr

For more information visit the Products page of the website:
https://drdtransfers.com/products/

post-7236-0-88024700-1487012127.png

post-7236-0-90475100-1487012134.png

• Like 4

Excellent news!  Have just placed order, thanks!

Thanks very much Cravensdmufan.

Great news Alex,

I was only thinking today when your website would be up and running. Just had a look and it's good to see you are going to do some 7mm numbers. 

I am sure you will do well it's a great product.

All the best Peter.

Thanks Peter for the kind comments.

Thanks Alex :) I will check it out shortly when work calms down.

BTW did you get my PM a few days ago?

Thanks John, I have replied to your pm.

• Like 1

Have you thought of doing the OHL flashes and the blue star MU symbols for those of us doing full repaint?

Hi Cheesysmith,

Initially I am looking to offer transfers of a single colour, white numbers etc. first followed by black in the near future. Having multiple colours increases the cost but it might be something to consider in the future.

The blue stars are possible if there was enough demand for them.

Other items that I am considering are; unofficial depot motifs; Toton Rabbit, Tinsley Snail, Margam sheep, Highland Stag and Thornaby Kingfisher, all in white.

Something else that quite a few people have expressed an interest in is a sheet of numbers, data panels and depot allocation stickers. For both standard corporate blue and large logo.

This is something that can be produced if there is enough demand.

Have just sent in my order :) It's only for one 7mm loco, but as the phrase goes - "every little helps"... :D

Thanks for your support.

• Like 1

Alex, may I suggest that you put the appropriate size BR double arrows on the sheets with the numbers?

It would be nice to have the complete loco package on the sheet.

Often, I have found that factory printed arrows are wrong size (my 20's were far too large, 46 too small) or fuzzy (OK I'm talking Lima here  :laugh: ) or the colour density isn't great.  So it would be good to have the numbers and logos matching in quality.

I am looking forward to receiving my Class 20 numbers, but now a bit concerned how to deal with the arrows.  Don't want to mix rub down and waterslide on the same loco.  Knowing me, it'd end up looking like a dogs breakfast! :stinker:

(Edited to include futher explanation)

Edited by cravensdmufan

Alex, may I suggest that you put the appropriate size BR double arrows on the sheets with the numbers?

It would be nice to have the complete loco package on the sheet.

Often, I have found that factory printed arrows are wrong size (my 20's were far too large, 46 too small) or fuzzy (OK I'm talking Lima here  :laugh: ) or the colour density isn't great.  So it would be good to have the numbers and logos matching in quality.

I am looking forward to receiving my Class 20 numbers, but now a bit concerned how to deal with the arrows.  Don't want to mix rub down and waterslide on the same loco.  Knowing me, it'd end up looking like a dogs breakfast! :stinker:

(Edited to include futher explanation)

Many thanks for your suggestion and support, I have sent you an email.

It is something that we are considering as a separate offering and will make a decision once the arrows have been tested. One issue is for the larger double arrows and how they can be applied to classes with uneven body side surfaces such as 20s and 58s.

I will of course update the website and this thread.

• Like 1

Hi Alex, good luck with these, site bookmarked for my future reference, however...

Far be it from me to suggest how people conduct their business, but some inter-linking with the Cavalex site might pay dividends if indeed Cav and your good self wish to keep these enterprises separate.

Further, might I suggest PGA transfers (number sets incl. ROSCO plates) might be worthwhile in the near future?

Merely my twopennorth suggestions Alex, nothing more. All the best, C6T.

Great to see you bringing rub-down transfers back to market.

Are your 7mm black loco numbers/data panels available yet?

Have you got plans to do the more modern liveried number sets - I'm after Mainline blue and EWS types?

Cheers

Tom

Hi Alex.

Just stumbled upon this thread. Great to have another option for transfers. Waterslides can be a bit of a p-i-t-a to get into the correct position!

Can I suggest a sheet of the lifting / jacking point logos (a line with two circles below and a triangle above/below). They seem to be something often missed from most "complete loco" packs

All the best

Great to see you bringing rub-down transfers back to market.

Are your 7mm black loco numbers/data panels available yet?

Have you got plans to do the more modern liveried number sets - I'm after Mainline blue and EWS types?

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom, I am planning to make the black numbers and data panels available in April.

To be honest I was only really planning to offer BR period rather than modern but depending on the interest it might be considered. I have produced EWS numbers in the past for personal use so could easily add them to the range. 

However, I believe that the EWS require a licence to be reproduced which is something I will have to look into prior to releasing them. Not too sure about Mainline and Loadhaul. I will investigate further.

Here are some EWS numbers produced for 60018

DSC00859s.jpg

Hope that helps.

Hi Alex

Good luck with the new venture - I look forward to being able to order some in 2mm.

Cheers, Mike

Thanks Mike. I am going to produce some transfers in 2mm which Cav will test, hopefully if they are okay then these will be made available in April. Fingers crossed!

I will of course let you know once they have been tested.

Hi Alex.

Just stumbled upon this thread. Great to have another option for transfers. Waterslides can be a bit of a p-i-t-a to get into the correct position!

Can I suggest a sheet of the lifting / jacking point logos (a line with two circles below and a triangle above/below). They seem to be something often missed from most "complete loco" packs

All the best

Thanks for the suggestion Sam, I will have a look at those and see.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update; Sheet range added

Sheet range

A transfer sheet containing livery elements to complete five individual locomotives in British Rail Corporate blue livery. The sheet contains the following; number sets, data panels, depot allocation stickers and British Rail Double Arrows.

https://drdtransfers.com/products/

5 different locos on 1 sheet, that sounds great!!