RISEX 2017 Model Railway Exhibition - 18th February 2017

ANT

Hello All

RISEX 2017 Model Railway Exhibition

Presented by Risborough & District Model Railway Club

Saturday 18th of February 2017

Admission: Adult £3.00, Child £2.00

10.00am - 5.00pm

Community Centre(adjacent to Springs swimming pool), Wades Park, Stratton Road, Princes Risborough, Bucks, HP27 9AX
The whole of the Community Centre in Princes Risborough is taken over one day in the spring each year. Allowing local modellers to display their layouts and model making.

Light refreshments will be available including LOTS of HOMEMADE CAKES.

See our Club Website for more details: http://www.rdmrc.org.uk

Thanks
SEEYA
ANT          

A pity your dates clash with the Biggleswade show.

Regards

Hello

Unfortunately, we do clash from time to time either with Biggleswade and or the Milton Keynes exhibitions, we take our date as the last Saturday of the half-term break, so we are governed by the Bucks School Calendar, and we have done so for over thirty years. 

Though if you have time you could come to both!

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Hello

Unfortunately, we do clash from time to time either with Biggleswade and or the Milton Keynes exhibitions, we take our date as the last Saturday of the half-term break, so we are governed by the Bucks School Calendar, and we have done so for over thirty years.

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

I normally come to RISEX and have never been disappointed. I did go to MK last year and regretted it.

I'll be back!

Regards

Hello All

Unfortunately we have had the layout Tanybwlch drop out due to family reasons.

We now have a gap to hopefully fill, (10ft by 5ft including operator space), so will let you know of its replacement when we do, but if you can help please pm me. 

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Hello

Unfortunately, we do clash from time to time either with Biggleswade and or the Milton Keynes exhibitions, we take our date as the last Saturday of the half-term break, so we are governed by the Bucks School Calendar, and we have done so for over thirty years.

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

I think I'll stick with RISEX thanks!

The AA's routefinder service thinks HP27 9AX is on the Bledlow Road, out towards Saunderton.  As some species of SatNav probably use the same software it might be an idea to check where you're being sent before you set off.

RAC's routfinder, Streetmap etc all have the postcode in the right place.

If you think this is going to be an issue this is the way I resolve it:

Bring up google earth and identify the car park right outside the community centre. Compare the street pattern on google earth with the street pattern on the satnav and put in a waypoint on the satnav. Then set up a route to the waypoint.

Regards

Hello All

Unfortunately we have had the layout Tanybwlch drop out due to family reasons.

We now have a gap to hopefully fill, (10ft by 5ft including operator space), so will let you know of its replacement when we do, but if you can help please pm me. 

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Hello All

The replacement layout is Amworth by Ron North, OO gauge, based on the Western Region of British Rail, is a fictional light railway terminus in a rural setting.

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Excellent morning spent browsing and chatting I even ended up helping out Frances Gomme on his layout very pleasant and many youngsters watching and asking questions.Good to see Rod Squires a member from my days in the club also the demos all in all an excellent exhibition friendly and good catering .The structures for Aylesbury are looking great as is the expanding trackwork this will be an interesting project when up and running.Well done chaps the standard is rising every year keep it p.

Hello All

Well, we had a great show on Saturday, so many thanks to all who came along.  

I was only on the Secondhand stall for a short while in the afternoon, though I spent most of my time taking to people.

Don't know many numbers, but I was told that you could not move in the morning due to the numbers, so that's good, and plenty of cake was had by all!

I have uploaded the photos that I took of the layouts to the Club website, below is a direct link to the page:

http://www.rdmrc.org.uk/risex2017pics.htm

Plus here are some photos of the main hall taken during the afternoon:

post-7053-0-53843200-1487517934_thumb.jpg

post-7053-0-66516600-1487517960_thumb.jpg

post-7053-0-36536200-1487517985_thumb.jpg

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Came along with my young son towards the end of the day, when I think things had calmed down a bit.  Spent a good few hours looking round; though my son was a bit too effective at stopping me buying anything by dragging me away from the second hand stalls :)    Was very pleased to see a goodly selection of chairs by the layouts, and even some "RDMRC" marked stools -- this is a real back-saver with young kids!

Thanks for a good show!

Thanks for inviting us - the layout behaved (mostly) all day and we enjoyed ourselves. The cakes were indeed delicious and I was still enjoying slices of Victoria Sponge on Sunday evening as the leftovers were given away as we departed the show :)

Archived