RMweb

West Highland Line V4, a 1980's West Highland Line layout

young37215

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, 03060 said:

Hello Rob, has there been any progress to report regarding the Lochan, please, did you manage to achieve a satisfactory result with the resin ?

Regards,

Ian.

Hi Ian

Nothing done with the Lochan yet. I ran out of momentum and decided that because the resin has a 6 month sell by date once opened, it could wait until the autumn. That way I can learn from the small Lochan and still have plenty of time to use the residual resin on the adjoining and larger Lochan. The recent winter modelling season has seen me complete:

• 95% of the landscape surrounding Arrochar and the mountaineous region
  • 5 BSOT conversions
  • 5 signal box detailing work
  • respraying 37111 project
  • several weathering projects

When written down I feel that it has been a reasonably productive period. For the next few months I may potter on the layout from time to time but will mainly look to take advantage of the warmer weather and enjoy being outside. There are still a few BSOT's to be viewed and photographed!  Hopefully come the autumn my motivational batteries will be recharged and I can kick on with finishing the remaining scenery.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, young37215 said:

Hi Ian

Nothing done with the Lochan yet. I ran out of momentum and decided that because the resin has a 6 month sell by date once opened, it could wait until the autumn. That way I can learn from the small Lochan and still have plenty of time to use the residual resin on the adjoining and larger Lochan. The recent winter modelling season has seen me complete:

• 95% of the landscape surrounding Arrochar and the mountaineous region
  • 5 BSOT conversions
  • 5 signal box detailing work
  • respraying 37111 project
  • several weathering projects

When written down I feel that it has been a reasonably productive period. For the next few months I may potter on the layout from time to time but will mainly look to take advantage of the warmer weather and enjoy being outside. There are still a few BSOT's to be viewed and photographed!  Hopefully come the autumn my motivational batteries will be recharged and I can kick on with finishing the remaining scenery.

Thanks for the update Rob ... I can assure you that your list of winter achievements puts mine to shame !! LoL.

Love seeing the photos of the layout as you have your little running sessions so please keep posting them and give us all our 1980s WHL fix to keep us going !

Kind regards,

Ian.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2