Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Exeter exhibition 2017

Re6/6

The new EXE Model Railway Society website is now online at www.exemrs.co.uk 

Same as before but now revamped with new web manager.

Regards.

Kev

Good to see the new website up and running. Shame that all the layouts appearing at this year's exhibition are still not listed though. I have been assured that CAMLAS is expected but it is not shown on the website or UK Model Shops.

Most of the layouts and trade stands seem to be there: 

http://exemrs.co.uk/2017-show/

Incidentally does anyone have a contact for David Smith Books who are listed as an exhibitor?

The David Smith Books that I know is on 01425483200 and is from Ringwood.

Regrettably, "most of the layouts" is not all and doesn't answer my question.

Edited by Crofton

Good to see the new website up and running. Shame that all the layouts appearing at this year's exhibition are still not listed though. I have been assured that CAMLAS is expected but it is not shown on the website or UK Model Shops.

Will try follow up over next couple days.

Kev

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The acceptance could have appeared after the webpages were drafted and UK Modelshops posted. The person for the latter has been away on holiday.

Kev

Hi Kevin,

If its not possible to get the website updated before the show next weekend, could we get an up to date list on here?

Graham Muz's Canute Road Quay and Ray Norwood's Feltham Road Shed are not listed.

Many thanks, Dave.

I am pleased to advise that I have just accepted Dave's invite for Cantue Road Quay to make its first official public appearance at this show in July, duly assisisted by St Simon of this parish.

Hi,

Yes, looking forward to helping out Muz with Canute Road and a trip down to Exeter, looks like a good show!

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

According to the latest report (see:  https://new.devon.gov.uk/bridgeroad/latest-news-and-alerts )  Bridge Road re-opened on Sunday evening, having been closed over the weekend.  There aren't any further closures listed at the moment, usually they have given at least a weeks notice.

I haven't been that way myself, so I'm afraid I can't give any first-hand knowledge of the road or traffic conditions, but it looks like it should be ok for the weekend.

I will keep an eye on the website and post any updates,  or you could just google "Bridge Road Closure Exeter"

All the best, Dave.

It just wont be the same without Rural Railways now in retirement sadly....... where will I get all those difficult to get bits without resorting to the internet and the postman.

Never the less looking forward to a good show tomorrow.

[/url]Exeter Model Railway Exhibition 2nd July 2016. Nick and Yvonne Gillman who are Rural Railways in typical pose! by mailrail, on Flickr">http://28111058465_7ea13960f9_b.jpgExeter Model Railway Exhibition 2nd July 2016. Nick and Yvonne Gillman who are Rural Railways in typical pose! by mailrail, on Flickr

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Bridge road project website doesn't list any closures for this weekend (the next closures listed are a series of overnight closures next week from the 3rd on) - so it looks like we got lucky with the weekend! :)

Bridge Road is currently one lane in each direction, but it is open!

• RMweb Gold

Always a really good show, hope it goes well for everybody.

I'm not there with the books as Titfield has retired from shows but Ian McCall is attending with Mainline and Maritime and is carrying a good stock of Wild Swan books. This includes lots of copies of Peter Barnfield's new "Memories of West Country Railway Journeys" which I hope many visitors will pick up over the weekend.

Have a great time and I look forward to attending as a visitor in future years, it does feel a bit odd not being there.

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Have a great time and I look forward to attending as a visitor in future years, it does feel a bit odd not being there.

Simon

It will seem odd without you there!

An excellent exhibition as usual. Railwayrod and I probably spent more time chatting (usually to fellow 0 Scalers) than we did looking at the exhibits but that is par for the course these days and made for a very sociable day out. Thanks to the organisers for another very good show.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Excellent show as ever. Thanks to Dave Harding and his team.

This is what makes it so good! Along with Railex Taunton the best exhibition catering available. I just wish that other long standing and well known exhibitions would provide such wholesome food. One can live in hope! No names, no pack drill....!

post-6728-0-05759800-1499021780.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Excellent show as ever. Thanks to Dave Harding and his team.

This is what makes it so good! Along with Railex Taunton the best exhibition catering available. I just wish that other long standing and well known exhibitions would provide such wholesome food. One can live in hope! No names, no pack drill....!

attachicon.gif009.jpg

Bloedy 'ansome.

• RMweb Gold

A few more phone snaps.

The very excellent 'Hurstmonceux'. A 'nearly was' which was to start just south of the Ouse Valley Viaduct. The started earthworks can still be seen.

post-6728-0-35886700-1499065903_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-85946500-1499066092_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-55680400-1499066165_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-17292300-1499066227_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-12716600-1499066268_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-17207200-1499066320_thumb.jpg

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 5