RMC JGA Bogie Stone Hoppers

wirey33

Last week there was a train of 23 batch 3 & 4 ( including two batch 3 in DB livery) from Peak Forest or Tunstead. Odd to think that they now count as unusual having been a regular feature for so many years

Can you give any details of that working? Reporting code, times, destination etc.?

Can you give any details of that working? Reporting code, times, destination etc.?

My best recollection is weds mid morning - looking at Realtime trains, the best offer is 666X, Peak Forest to Hope Street - maybe ask the Manchester Railways Facebook group

Certainly some of the ex Hall 137xx batch are still running, nowadays they are virtually indistinguishable from the 172xx wagons, having gained top end extensions to the curved profile. The ex RMC set that does a Weds and Fri trip to Whatley comprises all the designs, along with an occasionaly HOA or IIA

Jo

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure you quite often see some of these on the services that run between Acton/Hayes & Moreton-on-Lugg.

Edit - Found some consists filed away:

All wagons in the RMC 137XX, RMC 172XX & RMC 192XX series

6Z36 Wembley Euro Freight Ops Centre - Moreton-on-Lugg (Tarmac).

6B35 Acton - Moreton-on-Lugg (Tarmac).

6Z35 Moreton-on-Lugg (Tarmac) - Hayes Tarmac Sidings.

6Z20 Whatley Quarry - Hothfield Siding.

They do appear occasionally at Moreton on Lugg, although the only one I've got any photos of is 13711, which had been put off the train as a cripple.

30492048313_c6543c8783_b.jpgJGA 13711 [0030] by Paul James, on Flickr

30794267390_8c66086240_b.jpgJGA 13711 [2739] by Paul James, on Flickr

30794268690_d4073b1a8e_b.jpgJGA 13711 [2740] by Paul James, on Flickr

30794270010_7a337f3a35_b.jpgJGA 13711 [2741] by Paul James, on Flickr

31125846656_00e380a341_b.jpgJGA 13711 [2742] by Paul James, on Flickr

They appear infrequently, sometimes to replace defective wagons, but also they are shorter than the HJA and HKA wagons that often make up the train, and so the shorter wagons enable the train to fit into the run round loop with out compromising the overall tonnage the train can carry.

Paul J.

They do appear occasionally at Moreton on Lugg, although the only one I've got any photos of is 13711, which had been put off the train as a cripple.

They appear infrequently, sometimes to replace defective wagons, but also they are shorter than the HJA and HKA wagons that often make up the train, and so the shorter wagons enable the train to fit into the run round loop with out compromising the overall tonnage the train can carry.

Paul J.

Nice pics Paul. Is that one still there?

Cheers

Tom

• RMweb Premium

Just seen some batch 3s in a train at Purley, view was obscured, but looks like it was the 624F from Hoo Jn, mixed rake with some freshly painted DBS red HJAs and some grey wagons I didn't get a proper look at.

Archived