Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

I initially thought that the yellow pipe that comes out of the side of the office building was the loo waste pipe. I realised that it wasn't when I saw a similar pipe leaving the oil tank the other side of the intervening wall.

Morning Ray, Yes TBH I'm not sure what any of the pipes do, but the more there are the r it looks, to a degree, I need to find a decent home for the other Tank on the triangular base that George T built as it looks wrong stuck on the end.

A little more done this morning with the Barriers in the Staff Car park, they still need finishing off, and some Grey paint on the floor where I spilt a bit. There will be some more around the  end of the Shed, once the Buffers are in place.

post-9335-0-72506500-1515506065_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-39861400-1515506086_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-35408400-1515506109_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-45544400-1515506131_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-86486500-1515506155_thumb.jpg

Now on with some weathering jobs this afternoon.

• Like 15

Coming on nicely, Andy.

What's that I see on the far right horizon in the first image?  I think you have something there.

If you mean the Warehouse, I was given that by Jason T of this Parish some years ago, it might work somewhere, but not sure yet. 

Shaping up nicely.

Looks like it's been there from the beginning!

Thanks Kevin, really pleased so far, I've been weathering this afternoon, and out tomorrow, so back on the case on Thursday all being well.

• Like 1

Yes, Andy, I don't think it's the right thing either, but not having seen KM physically it's difficult to say. However, it looks too "perched up."

But. a stretch of countryside might suit-if you are prepared to forego the station. And there, I ask, what purpose does it serve?

Yes, Andy, I don't think it's the right thing either, but not having seen KM physically it's difficult to say. However, it looks too "perched up."

But. a stretch of countryside might suit-if you are prepared to forego the station. And there, I ask, what purpose does it serve?

The Warehouse WASN'T supposed to be there, I got it out of the cupboard to get something else out and forgot to put it back. :no:  :no:

Still working on the Station area, I have some ideas to try, maybe with a Station Building on the Bridge, (NOT the ones in the pic below) and assuming the other half of the Platforms, for a 12 to 15 Coach Train are the other side of the scenic break, and then maybe embankment behind the Platform for a Rural setting.

The Station will stay, as I do like the idea of holding a Train now and then, rather than all just rushing through, also there is no other way to lose the 4 Tracks into the Fiddle Yard.

post-9335-0-62476400-1515518380_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-34879200-1515518411_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 6

OK, Andy, I'll leave it in your hands. You have a good "eye" for recognizing what is right..

Yes I'm in no rush to push through ideas, and if you or someone comes up with something I like better than the Station I will look at it.

Thanks for your interest.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

in the 80's it was just the Waistcoat, and pretty grubby at that from what I remember.

Apart from p-way in the summer when it was the waistcoat worn as shorts and very faded.

Paul.

I thought it was, but I really couldn't remember, I think that FULL HV came in in the 90's, so they will be re dressed, I think in the 80's it was just the Waistcoat, and pretty grubby at that from what I remember. The buildings not fixed yet so it's easy to do.

Full orange head to toe was a mid 2000s thing.

It was just hi vis vest when started

• RMweb Premium

Yes I'm in no rush to push through ideas, and if you or someone comes up with something I like better than the Station I will look at it.

Thanks for your interest.

Hi Andy

My serious thinking head has been put on today, by accident. This is an old idea I had when stuck about a station. It is also one that my mate Andi Dell aka Dagworth on Ravensclyffe has come with so not new but might be worth exploring. A disused station?

It could be just closed, so most things are still in situ to striped back platforms with nothing on them except weeds and grass and everything/anything in between. Your artistic skills will no doubt bring out something which will look different and good.

• Like 5

Hi Andy

My serious thinking head has been put on today, by accident. This is an old idea I had when stuck about a station. It is also one that my mate Andi Dell aka Dagworth on Ravensclyffe has come with so not new but might be worth exploring. A disused station?

It could be just closed, so most things are still in situ to striped back platforms with nothing on them except weeds and grass and everything/anything in between. Your artistic skills will no doubt bring out something which will look different and good.

Thanks Clive, your SERIOUS HEAD is usually a worry, but this time it's an idea worth thinking about. Cheers.

Hello Andy.  The fuelling point looks great.  I especially like the photos with the class 50 in this area.  The barriers you made look smart too.

Hi Peter, Thanks, funnily enough I have just been looking at your Station and retaining walls, superb stuff.

• Like 1

Phase 4, and a few more pipes around the Depot today, and the lighting in the Cabin that George T made some years ago has come to life.

attachicon.gifDepot Phase 4 005.JPG

attachicon.gifDepot Phase 4 008.JPG

attachicon.gifDepot Phase 4 004.JPG

attachicon.gifDepot Phase 4 003.JPG

attachicon.gifDepot Phase 4 009.JPG

attachicon.gifDepot Phase 4 002.JPG

More later.

Andy,

Could I suggest that the now readily available "warm white" LEDs be used instead of the Cool Whites of your photos which make it look like the premises have been lit like public toilets to discourage illicit drug use. 

Nothing I could do in the way of filtering could mask the lurid blue tone of Cool White LEDs I'd been given so I went on line and bought 50 of the 3mm Warm ones for about A$7 incl postage. When I get mine installed in next week or so I'll post an example

Colin

• RMweb Premium

Andy,

Could I suggest that the now readily available "warm white" LEDs be used instead of the Cool Whites of your photos which make it look like the premises have been lit like public toilets to discourage illicit drug use. 

Nothing I could do in the way of filtering could mask the lurid blue tone of Cool White LEDs I'd been given so I went on line and bought 50 of the 3mm Warm ones for about A$7 incl postage. When I get mine installed in next week or so I'll post an example

Colin

It wasn't me Guv, HONEST, I only moved here from Essex 3 Months ago.

Hi Andy

Or partly disused, so a 2/3 car DMU could call, but the extended bits of the platforms are OOU and the big trains don't stop. Like Leyton Midland Road and Lawrence Hill.
  • Like 2

Andy,

Colin

Thanks Colin,it was what was fitted when I was given them, so will live with them until I can source some different ones.

Cheers. 

Or partly disused, so a 2/3 car DMU could call, but the extended bits of the platforms are OOU and the big trains don't stop. Like Leyton Midland Road and Lawrence Hill.

Thanks Zomboid, another worthy suggestion.

Cheers.