DERBY The Roundhouse 6th & 7th May

Mike Bellamy

• RMweb Premium

But just look at that cute butter wouldn't melt face, chubby little cheeks you could just pull all day and toothless smile

And your grandkid is sweet too

There really is no answer to that one . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• RMweb Premium

Jim - you are in the wrong 37 . . . . .

There was hidden clue right at the start of all this as it's our 37th Derby Show.

Thanks to Andy for his help in making the announcement here on RMweb. Our Club website will have ordering details from Monday.

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Only two problems so far -

The bar was bigger than expected and we had to ask them to reduce the size so we could get all of the exhibits into the extra room we have for this year. Confirmed that there will be draught beer but at this stage I don't know what it will be.

Exhibition Guides were printed a few days ago and despatched by a parcel delivery company - checked into their local depot and later checked into the Derby depot - and then disappeared. No sign of them on the van and they have done a thorough search of the warehouse. End result is that the show guides are being printed again overnight and sent by direct door to door courier ready for opening time. No cost to the Club - that's up to the printers and couriers to sort out between them.

Must go for a pint soon - I haven't been out of the office since the show opened at 10.00 except for a quick trip to the loo - well what do you expect after three cups of tea !

Printers and couriers did their job as promised and we have programmes but it was a bit of a rush adding in flyers for our Limited Edition Loco, Swapmeets and Filmshows.

Hi All,

Hope to see more photos and videos tonight as my annual outing was scrapped at Crewe station.

We arrived there to find Stoke trains replaced by a bus service and trains to Derby shown 'Cancelled'.    The first bus didn't turn up, the second turned out to be a series of taxis going to Stafford (!) and a minibus with too few seats.   Next train *supposed* to be running, but was locked up.   Having done two laps of the station my disabled wife was already getting tired and another 30 min. wait on a cold platform did not appeal so we came home.

The problem is officially listed as both 'trespass at Kidsgrove' and 'signals at Kidsgrove', but as usual in such circumstances there was no information and a chaotic response.   The shining exceptions were a lone Virgin guy at the bus stop and a lovely lady who refunded my tickets without filling in acres of paperwork.

Better stop now before I start ranting.   Get the toolkit out and patch the roof on them boxcars on the bench...

• RMweb Premium

Very sorry to hear about the problems you faced and can understand your disappointment and frustration about the way this was handled.

We are of course open again tomorrow - otherwise we hope you can come and see us next year.

• RMweb Premium

As a exhibitor (Chebstone) yet again a great exhibition with a good mixtture of steam/diesel uk, European an USA outline offerings from all the major scales.

In its third year at the roundhouse it really is a great exhibition venue with as I understand from Alex (exhibition manager) great support from the venue.

And new this year a extra room with 6 extra layouts and a REAL ALE BAR

Well done to all the exhibition team

Terry (Eltel)

• RMweb Premium

Great Day today Mike, in at 10am and left about 4pm, SUPERB as always.

WELL DONE Mike and your TEAM.

Thanks.

Andy

Good to see you out about today

Terry

Andy

Good to see you out about today

Terry

Good to see you too Terry.

Well done Alex, sorry forgot to mention you earlier.

Derby was one of the Exhibitions I would dearly loved to have done, AND FOR FREE, as it's on my doorstep so to speak, but none of my Layouts, Deesdale Road, Glen Roy, Loch Leven, Fiddlers Yard, West Shed, or the O Gauge's St Budoc or Trebudoc, were ever invited.

Still today I did get a play on Nick's Midland Ohio, O Gauge again today, so that was good.

Very sorry to hear about the problems you faced and can understand your disappointment and frustration about the way this was handled.

We are of course open again tomorrow - otherwise we hope you can come and see us next year.

Sigh.   Big family dinner tomorrow.   Anyone fancy explaining to the mother-in-law why I'm not there?

Currently working on my layout for next year.   A highly realistic car park scene with 50 Prieser figures looking at a minibus :nono: 

Here's to next year! 

I attended another great show at 'The Roundhouse' on Saturday the 6th May 2017, which was in my eyes a little better than the previous two exhibitions (which were also good) held at the venue all because of the organisers very good decision to make extra space and have more layouts present.

My journey to the show by train from Chesterfield was seamless - upon arrival at Derby station I was straight off the 'Meridian' unit and heading over the footbridge and straight into the venue at 13:05, where it was packed!

Crowds of model train loving punters were seen swarming around the exhibits, as it felt more crowded than my one and only visit to Warley on a Saturday!

It felt so nice to be inside a proper authentic now ex-railway engine shed and it made it more atmospheric than attending a show in a soulless modern exhibition hall.

I didn't have any real stand out favourite layouts as both I and I'm sure the rest of the folk on this forum all like to see good quality modelling, whatever the scale.

My return journey was also seamless as I decided to take a second look round the show, which helped greatly with my travel plans (As if I had left the show when I had planned to, I'm sure I would have had a longer wait at the station) as I left the Roundhouse there was just enough time to cross back to the station and make a swift getaway out of Derby as my train back home was making its way down platform 2 as I desended the stairs from off the footbridge and straight back onto my train!

Sam

Archived