Four New Dapol Class 67 Liveries, Expected Q2 2017

BR(S)

Was looking forward to these until I saw the shots of 67014 which looks to have the nameplates factory fitted like the new 00 gauge Class 68's. So it's a lottery as to whether they're straight or not, and if you want to de-name it to bring it up to current condition you can't because it'll leave glue marks. Once again Dapol not listening to customers on their own digest!

The others look very nice.

• RMweb Gold

Was looking forward to these until I saw the shots of 67014 which looks to have the nameplates factory fitted like the new 00 gauge Class 68's. So it's a lottery as to whether they're straight or not, and if you want to de-name it to bring it up to current condition you can't because it'll leave glue marks. Once again Dapol not listening to customers on their own digest!

The others look very nice.

Leaving aside the straight/ not straight issue, I suspect Dapol are damned if the do and damned if they don't with respect to fitting plates. I also suspect that the number of people who don't want them fitted are in the minority as I doubt many people alter their locos at all.

Roy

I understand that argument, but it's incredibly frustrating for those who don't want them on. At least if they're loose in a bag you have the option of doing as you please. I tried removing the factory glued plates on a Dapol 66 once and it made a real mess of the bodyside, I had to abort and stick it back on...

Once again Dapol not listening to customers on their own digest!

Have you ever thought of just looking at it from a different angle? I seem to have heard about this nameplate issue only after the Class 68s started reaching peoples hands. The Class 67 samples could've easily reached Dapol much before that.

How can you simply accuse any company for not listening without know any time scale with regards to the delivery of the "painted samples" of their N gauge Class 67?

Did you try actually talking to Neil or Joel or any of the other Dapol staff personally and politely? 

PS: The Class 67 has horizontal ribs...placing a nameplate straight will be a lot less painful for the staff at the factory.

Have you ever thought of just looking at it from a different angle? I seem to have heard about this nameplate issue only after the Class 68s started reaching peoples hands. The Class 67 samples could've easily reached Dapol much before that.

How can you simply accuse any company for not listening without know any time scale with regards to the delivery of the "painted samples" of their N gauge Class 67?

Did you try actually talking to Neil or Joel or any of the other Dapol staff personally and politely? 

PS: The Class 67 has horizontal ribs...placing a nameplate straight will be a lot less painful for the staff at the factory.

I posted on Dapols own forum in a thread which their staff were reading and replying to, isn't that what it's there for? Also I was never anything but polite. Even at this stage I'm not being funny about it, there are more important thinfs to worry about.

This was at the initial livery discussion stage sometime last year. It's not as if I've chimned in at the last minute saying to leave the plates off.

I posted on Dapols own forum in a thread which their staff were reading and replying to, isn't that what it's there for? Also I was never anything but polite. Even at this stage I'm not being funny about it, there are more important thinfs to worry about.

This was at the initial livery discussion stage sometime last year. It's not as if I've chimned in at the last minute saying to leave the plates off.

Simple..try asking again! Staff in China never always follow everything to the T

• 1 month later...

Archived