Little Muddle

KNP

All sounds a bit hi tech to me Kevin, but a really wonderful transformation is the result, well done.

Thanks.

I thought it would be which is why I never used the facility on Affinity but it has turned out to be quite easy to do once you get the process.

I just watched this chap on YouTube with his 5 min tutorial, wrote the process down and I was away. Have been a few daft ones were I pressed the wrong function/process but generally no issues with the few I have done.

This will be used again, but only where necessary beats cloning the sky that I used to do.......the only draw back it does need a clear shape defined edge otherwise it struggles.

Edited by KNP

Good to see you having photographic fun!  I've used this sort of 'photo-trickery' to help me decide what I really want on the railway itself - trying out different types of roofs and so on, before actually making anything.  I've also printed my own backscenes on the basis of the sort of experiments you've been doing. 

I especially like that 'sunrise' photo :)  Perhaps there's a place for those colour-changing LEDs?

• RMweb Gold

Hi Kevin,

Did you get your railcar lights working?

I'm relieved to report that I fixed the problem I had with my railcar (decoder not plugged in correctly) and it all works fine, including the sound, which is an eye-opener (er, ear-opener)...

The sound definitely adds a new layer of realism to the model. A lot of effort has been put into the Youchoos sound "project", as they call it, and the grumbles, clunks, squeaks, whistles and parps bring the model to life. Even when it's parked up with the engine "idling", it's not dead - you have the feeling that it's waiting to spring into life once the driver stops chatting to his mates.

I thought you might be interested since you strive to get the details right and it seems to me that sound is a good extra detail (although rather expensive).

Good to see you having photographic fun!  I've used this sort of 'photo-trickery' to help me decide what I really want on the railway itself - trying out different types of roofs and so on, before actually making anything.  I've also printed my own backscenes on the basis of the sort of experiments you've been doing. 

I especially like that 'sunrise' photo :)  Perhaps there's a place for those colour-changing LEDs?

Had these editing suites for years but only ever used them for photos, you know removing lamps from tops of peoples heads, unwanted intrusions into pictures, etc.etc.

It wasn't till I got Affinity that I decided if this can do focus merge what else can I do with it........the learning curve continues.

As they say you are never to old to stop learning......it just takes a bit longer to sink in????

The sunrise picture worked because it followed the direction of the picture which helps a lot with the realism.

What about a night time scene with a clear sky and lots of twinkling stars (flickering LED's), saw a picture like this in a large retail store..... :scratchhead: 

Hi Kevin,

Did you get your railcar lights working?

I'm relieved to report that I fixed the problem I had with my railcar (decoder not plugged in correctly) and it all works fine, including the sound, which is an eye-opener (er, ear-opener)...

The sound definitely adds a new layer of realism to the model. A lot of effort has been put into the Youchoos sound "project", as they call it, and the grumbles, clunks, squeaks, whistles and parps bring the model to life. Even when it's parked up with the engine "idling", it's not dead - you have the feeling that it's waiting to spring into life once the driver stops chatting to his mates.

I thought you might be interested since you strive to get the details right and it seems to me that sound is a good extra detail (although rather expensive).

Only got the internal lights working and I must confess that is as far as I got, for present.

I did remove the decoder and re-plugged it in just in case but to no avail.

Sound is an idea but sticking with the scenery for now.....I understand that!

Gone back to something I can understand.

Got hold of some Modelu Pendon figures so started those, base coat added and drying.

post-8925-0-36628000-1511858225_thumb.jpg

As you can see I tend to paint them in groups and attach them to a piece of 2 x 1 with Blu Tack so I can move them about without touching them.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Gone back to something I can understand.

Got hold of some Modelu Pendon figures so started those, base coat added and drying.

attachicon.gifIMG_3465.JPG

As you can see I tend to paint them in groups and attach them to a piece of 2 x 1 with Blu Tack so I can move them about without touching them.

It looks as though you are preparing for a picnic in the spring- the challenge will be the plates of sandwiches on the gingham tablecloth!

• Like 1

It looks as though you are preparing for a picnic in the spring- the challenge will be the plates of sandwiches on the gingham tablecloth!

Now there's a thought?

A picnic for the farm workers.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Now there's a thought?

A picnic for the farm workers.....

Remember the Jugs of Cider that were often a part of their Wages..

• Like 1

Then you can take the same picture and make it personal....

The sky now added to this picture was taken at 11.30 this morning from our back garden here in Bicester .

post-8925-0-72507500-1511893005_thumb.png

As they say......

The sky is the limit!

• Like 17

The sky now added to this picture was taken at 11.30 this morning from our back garden here in Bicester .

attachicon.gif986c.png

As they say......

The sky is the limit!

Looks a bit like Dartmoor in the background Kevin. NICE. :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Looks a bit like Dartmoor in the background Kevin. NICE. :sungum:

Nah, you can just see those Chinese shoppers with their suitcases at the nearby shopping village that Bicester's renowned for. :jester: 

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gif986c.png

As they say......

The sky is the limit!

I recognise those clouds from Carol’s weather map this morning: luckily no vapour trails so it could be a 1930s Sky!

• Like 1

I recognise those clouds from Carol’s weather map this morning: luckily no vapour trails so it could be a 1930s Sky!

True.

I did come across this one that I took about 5 years ago over the house but I think you can all see the problem.....

post-8925-0-00546500-1511902562_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gif986c.png

As they say......

The sky is the limit!

"Tut-tut, it looks like rain" said Christoper Robin.

Nah, you can just see those Chinese shoppers with their suitcases at the nearby shopping village that Bicester's renowned for. :jester:

We never go near that place plus we have the unfortunate distinction of having a railway station named after that shopping outlet as well.

Edited by KNP

• RMweb Premium

Be careful, If it wasn’t for the shopping village keeping them occupied, there might be busloads of Chinese tourists circulating around Bicester & North Oxfordshire looking for the quintessential English town of Encombe and the adorable village of Little Muddle :D

Be careful, If it wasn’t for the shopping village keeping them occupied, there might be busloads of Chinese tourists circulating around Bicester & North Oxfordshire looking for the quintessential English town of Encombe and the adorable village of Little Muddle :D

Hmmmm. Busload of Chinese tourists on a bridge?

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gif986c.png

As they say......

The sky is the limit!

Sorry to add a note of dissent but this doesn't look right to me - not as realistic as your and Andy's other photos.

Not being a compositing expert, it's hard to say why. Possibly something to do with the lighting and I think the water should be reflecting the sky to some degree?

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to add a note of dissent but this doesn't look right to me - not as realistic as your and Andy's other photos.

Not being a compositing expert, it's hard to say why. Possibly something to do with the lighting and I think the water should be reflecting the sky to some degree?

I think we should blame algae for putting a bloom on the water. No wonder the Colonel hasn’t had much luck with his angling!