Little Muddle

KNP

Well said Kevin. It pays to observe how others have imitated the real thing, rather than compare your own efforts to those of others. 

That way you can often get a step ahead of yourself by seeing how others have tackled a subject and how they avoided or fixed mistakes.

I'd add that colours need to be lighter than full scale, especially the reds and greens.

• Agree 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Hi Kevin, great pics as always!

Can I be cheeky, and hijack your thread and its 329 followers for a minute in a request for assistance in saving a railway model?

Tony Teague is desperately trying to find a home for the Easton layout of the late Mick Bonwick.

There seem to be a number of people interested, but the stumbling block is storage. The emphasis is on saving the layout, not making any money from it.

However, the number of followers of Mick's thread, which Tony has taken over, was only 57, so I am hoping that the somewhat larger LM community can come up with a way to save this layout as a lasting tribute to a great modeller?

As one of many who received Mick's kindness and support, can I ask, if nothing else, that folks have a look at the Easton thread and send Tony some supportive comments to boost his moral in this endeavour?

Many thanks

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

I saw this layout a few weeks before the sad passing of Mick when I visited to drop off the Land Rovers.

It was shaping up to be a lovely looking layout and support Tony's efforts to try and find a home for it, unfortunately I don't have the space for it.

If someone does want it, which I hope is the case, then I am happy to offer my services to help dismantle it and get it ready for transporting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

59 minutes ago, KNP said:

Just messing about cropping and tweaking a picture.

Decided to post on here as someone might like them....

4150.jpg.77f7ef3f52b7a5a30e69c46629fdb9c6.jpg

4150a.jpg.8f78a0a2c4af14c23daab4655fd655ca.jpg

4150b.jpg.0adf5bc1e4d672d18ea0033e8998557d.jpg

That's cheating, and you will subsequently be reported to the National Cheating by Posting Real Pics Police, the NCPRPP. 😆

Awesome.👍 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

That's cheating, and you will subsequently be reported to the National Cheating by Posting Real Pics Police, the NCPRPP. 😆

Awesome.👍 

Thanks

amd it’s not cheating it’s creative art!!!!

or something like that….

• Agree 7

2 hours ago, KNP said:

And a picture from our train spotting friends as 4820 departs

I expect we shall have some pictures from the Squadron Leader as I can hear his plane buzzing about....tomorrow I think.

Lord in heaven don't tell us he's retrained and is now qualified to fly a spitfire as that's too fast for LM. Or did your hand slip and you missed out the words a week tomorrow.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

It's always

Hazy, timeless summer days here at LM.

Peaceful, tranquil are other phrases that have been used.

At the moment the poor old railway room is being used for storage as I complete refurbishment works to the en-suite shower room that had to have half the floor replaced due to a water leak through some cracked tile grouting.

Hence the reason for the last few weeks no building works have happened on the layout or stock but we are nearing the end so I will, literally, need to dust a few projects off....

• Friendly/supportive 14

Nice to know the Squadron Leader made it back safe and sound after his sortie over LM.

I had heard tell those spitfires were a bit difficult to land due to the closeness of their landing gear but obviously the squadron leader had no problems. Just shows what a pro he is.

Sounds like he's going to kept busy as well.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Nice place to live, unless you have washing on the Line and the wind is in the wrong direction.😊

Even more so as the train hasn’t moved for 3 days 🤣

• Funny 11