RMweb

Little Muddle

KNP

3 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Is this Charles Dowding demonstrating no-dig gardening ?

7D2B7CBC-80D1-4AE2-9DFD-926EDB824A08.jpeg

I want to know why his hands are in his pockets. What's he hiding.

Is it that he hasn't actually done anything to get his hands mucky and embarrassed that he might be photographed he's not showing them.

Other answers are available but as this is a family friendly thread I'll leave them up to your imagination.

It could of course be that Kevin couldn't be a£-_#d enough to model him holding a bottle of LM's pale ale.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

Certainly eye level shots are engaging in your domain -there is  nothing to spoil the illusion.

I’d like to bring my dog to walk down to the viaduct and beyond, it’s so inviting. I’m hoping it’s a public right of way !  

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Thanks for all your nice comments about the last picture but funny enough as soon as I saw it on the camera back screen and then after editing it I thought I’ve got that one right.

Onwards to the next picture that ‘works’ whenever  that will be but I will keep trying for that elusive good picture!!!!

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, KNP said:

I will keep trying for that elusive good picture!!!!

This thread proves that the "elusive good picture" is not at all elusive at Little Muddle!

• Like 1
  • Agree 11
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 24/04/2023 at 05:44, Banger Blue said:

The Marksmanship Principles:

1. The shooting position and hold must be firm enough to support the weapon.

2. The weapon must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort.

3. Sight alignment and sight picture must be correct.

4. The shot must be released and followed through without undue disturbance to the position.

Takes me back to CCF days at Bisley (.303" of course, not 7.62mm).

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Takes me back to CCF days at Bisley (.303" of course, not 7.62mm).

We trained on .303 as cadets, using Enfield Mk4s and then someone thought it a good idea to let us loose with a Bren gun, despite the fact that the British army hadn't used them for years either. 

I'm glad not to have been part of the playstation generation!

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, MrWolf said:

We trained on .303 as cadets, using Enfield Mk4s and then someone thought it a good idea to let us loose with a Bren gun, despite the fact that the British army hadn't used them for years either. 

We had a non-functional Bren gun that we used to have to take apart and put back together - not blindfolded though!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

We had a non-functional Bren gun that we used to have to take apart and put back together - not blindfolded though!

When I first went out to RAF Germany in 1989, we had the L4 Light Machine Gun (LMG) which was essentially a 7.62 version of the Bren Gun. It used a 30 round magazine but could also take the 20 round magazine as used by the standard issue Self Loading Rifle (SLR). 
Carrying the gun wasn’t too bad but the spare rounds had to be lugged round in a box (300 - 10x 30 rnd mags)!

Knackering, even over the short distances we needed to cover, especially in a respirator. 🫣

Apologies to Kevin for the thread hijack, which does seem to be at gunpoint! 😂

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Yep. 

Joined the T.A in 1993. Our weapons were Browning 9mm pistol, the SMG which was the Sterling and the Bren. We had only just lost the SLR. 

Rob. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
On 26/04/2023 at 11:55, MrWolf said:

Ah the CCF, apparently I was an embarrassment (second from right) when this picture appeared in the Stratford Herald!

King Edward VI School Stratford upon Avon CCF Parade 1964/65.img029.jpg.c304f6d453e9ed2fc60ef6bf33e1f6d6.jpg

Tony

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

Still in the 1948 pattern uniforms! We got castoff 1970s camo and the "Action Man" itchy jumpers! We used to buy those old lapelled jackets for £2 from the army surplus store in the 1980s and wear them under our bike jackets for insulation. Some were even the wartime pattern, try finding them now! 

The Enfield rifles look the same though, we used to call them "muskets".😃

• Like 4

On 26/04/2023 at 14:36, NHY 581 said:

We had only just lost the SLR. 

Bet the Sarj wasn't happy about that. Losing Government equipment??? What if a paramilitary organisation got hold of it????  I bet it's those Brownies sneaking off their toadstools in the village hall and up to no good again . . . .

• Like 3