Little Muddle

KNP

Its alright Kevin we believe you when you say its moving even though to us it looks just like the rest of your exquisite examples. Just be careful to not get a ticket for speeding though thats all we ask.   .

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Its alright Kevin we believe you when you say its moving even though to us it looks just like the rest of your exquisite examples. Just be careful to not get a ticket for speeding though thats all we ask.   .

It does work…….!

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

I think they are standing very still in case the prize testosterone-filled bull in the Beetle sees them through the louvres in his compartment and kicks a hole in his door!

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

That’s a great new view - so inviting ! My eye is drawn to the Parish notice board on the pub wall - ‘ gardener wanted,  lost cat,   Parish council agenda, horse for sale ‘ - I can almost read it ! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I can imagine the inhabitants of Little Muddle are quite split over which of the two pubs are their "local".  Obviously LM is not inhabited with many "teetotalers".

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

That’s scrubbed up really well !  Darkening the wheels and motion disguises the age of the chassis really well - and now you have a Mogul Dapol didn’t make …yet !

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, KNP said:

A close up of the passing friends

being watched by some onlookers....

5385.jpg.ac61577d7898d1e0b38de8f3679a21f7.jpg

That works better than the previous one, because the "end of the line" is concealed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
On 13/06/2023 at 06:37, KNP said:

One of our train spotter friends was standing on his steps and caught this sequence of a train formation passing

5373.jpg.ca6a20a6a5e7409beb4bdcaa7accab7d.jpg

5374.jpg.a2adc40318431972c6034ee629893193.jpg

5375.jpg.1f54f00d9f40a4507962d505226e2ece.jpg

5376.jpg.1c1da34318663104ef445bdf17c52fb7.jpg

5377.jpg.e1e66ab910fdc0839654f4675376d5b1.jpg

And during that those two on the platform or by the signal box never flinched!! 

So engrossed in their individual conversations....

Very nice - but clearly there's a need for a nice Passenger Brake Van in the Little Muddle area as using that van could well lead to a demarcation dispute.

Incidentally talking of pubs local in the early 20th century there were three breweries and c.50 pubs - for a popultion of c9,000.   In my childhood years it had reduced to one brewery and c,40 b pubs - fora population of c.10,000.  By the time I was legally permitted to consume alcohol in such premises we were down to 35 pubs and you couldn't manage a drink in all of them in a single day.  We now havea population of 11,000+ and are down to nine premises which you could describe as pubs although most of them trely very heavily on serving meals.  So LM probably needs more pubs rather than having too many.

Oh and the brewery is now a Hotel Du Vin 0 but I bet the staff don't get beer breaks as was the case when I worked for a short while before joining BR full time rather a long time ago.   

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Very nice - but clearly there's a need for a nice Passenger Brake Van in the Little Muddle area as using that van could well lead to a demarcation dispute.

We need to badger @Islesy at Accurascale for a K40/2 then.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1