Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

So you could say he was Toof on Jedburgh then. Yes I know but I just can't help myself. Personally I think it's side effect from being exposed too many Panniers.

Never touch them myself. I lie, as somewhere I have one - w outside cylinders, I think.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 03/05/2024 at 16:23, Benbow said:

Now we have spoken about this before young Kevin, that is not the way to leave a cart. Firstly you will now have to manhandle it out to turn it round and they are quite heavy. Second if it rains (I know, I know it doesn't in LM) you will have a cart full of water. Those two bits sticking out at the back are for it to rest on with the shafts pointing to the heavens so that you can easily back the horse between them and harness up. Any rain will also drain out. Please pay attention. 😀

It was the panniers that did, saw them do it. 

They knocked the shed door off as well, saw one stood next to it... 

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 7

2 hours ago, Worsdell forever said:

It was the panniers that did, saw them do it. 

They knocked the shed door off as well, saw one stood next to it... 

I knew it. I told you. You have watch them all of the time. If you let even one of them out of your sight for just a minute they get up to mischief. They can't help it. It's in their chassis's.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Washing out on a Sunday what will the neighbours think. Unheard of. Mixed colours as well. What's more I reckon they've been out all night.

As long as “mum” has been seen in church first and the children have gone to Sunday School it should be alright.

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Those enticing sheds should be very handy should Rose Cottage ever be occupied by a miller from a nearby mill!

Edited by Limpley Stoker
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Those enticing sheds should be very handy should Rose Cottage ever be occupied by a miller from a nearby mill!

Sheds w a full complement of doors are in short supply hereabouts....

• Like 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

26 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Sheds w a full complement of doors are in short supply hereabouts....

Don't mention that in front of the Panniers as they'll be round there in a shot and next thing we know there'll be doors flying off left right and centre.

• Funny 5

48 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

We’ve not seen a mix of locomotive types. Do the Panniers and Prairies not get on?

I have to store them in separate boxes otherwise they squabble…….

• Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, Ponthir28 said:

Separate them with the railcar. The smell of diesel will keep them apart.

They might all run away and never come back. Then what would work the branch? BR Standard tanks?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 minutes ago, Ponthir28 said:

Yes. Haven’t been seen for a while.

True.

My favourite GW loco, after another if I can find one, but they seem to be rare as hen's teeth. 4825 I brought new as an advanced order from Hatton's and 4820 of flea bay for £40 a few years ago.

I have two Airfix ones but not in the same league for looks.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Today is the celebrated 5th of May/Cinco de Mayo that has become a massive unofficial holiday celebrating Mexican alcoholic beverages. 

In 1862 a citizen army (a peasant rabble) defeated the French Foreign Legion advancing toward Mexico City at the city of Puebla west of Veracruz. The Louis Napoleon was taking advantage of distraction of the early Union defeats in the US Civil War to  extend his empire to include Mexico.  The defeat of the Legionnaires at Puebla inspired a badly divided Mexican resistance to fight on and the war with France ended finally in 1867 with the execution of the French puppet Emperor of Mexico Maximilian confirming Mexican independence. 

Most US Americans have no idea of the background of the Cinco de Mayo but treat this as a great time to consume as much Mexican Beer and Tequila and Mescal  (in Margaritas or mucho macho straight shots) as they can. This is accompanied by copious consumption of tacos, enchiladas, tamales and corn chips (UK: crisps made with cornmeal) with hot as blazes salsa sometimes covered in melted very mild cheddar like cheese...

Most US Americans actually think this is Mexican Independence Day which is actually September 18 when Mexico was liberated from Spain in 1818. That is a holiday only for those of Mexican Ancestry in the US Southwest and Texas (which was "liberated" from Mexico in 1836.)

This leaves many US Americans (not Mexicans or Canadians) in a BIG BIG muddle by the end of the day.  Not a little muddle...(the only connection I can find to this topic...)

Edited by autocoach
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

Tequila, Mexican food.... Yummy.

But not guacamole, guacamole can go and...

It's made with avocados and avocados are the food of the devil.

Better to eat a damp newspaper from 1965 you found in the cellar.

Same flavour.

PS, The 48xxs' look great, heavily reworked Airfix version I presume?

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

Tequila, Mexican food.... Yummy.

But not guacamole, guacamole can go and...

It's made with avocados and avocados are the food of the devil.

Better to eat a damp newspaper from 1965 you found in the cellar.

Same flavour.

PS, The 48xxs' look great, heavily reworked Airfix version I presume?

Mushy peas. Same look, much better flavour.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Just waiting to hear from Railtec about the transfers, been a while now.

Interestingly, I too have heard nothing following an enquiry at the beginning of March - in my case for my breakdown train.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1