HO figures of people from pre second world war period

This was a good set but now only available second hand.

Thanks JohnGi.

However my friend was looking for workers ie cordroy trousers, waistcoats, long coats and bowler hats for foreman etc

He is building a freight yard pre 2nd WW.

I have not been able to find any Preiser figures that match.

Gordon

• RMweb Gold

I suggest he looks at the Andrew Stadden 1/87th ranges. https://www.acstadden.co.uk/

I am a satisfied customer of his 1/76th range. They are more detailed than I am competent to paint!

Edit - The only thing against Andrew's figures is that they are all static. There are no action figures, shovelling or pushing barrows etc. He doesn't like the idea of freezing them in a pose that they wouldn't stay in. So one has to place them in groups discussing the next job or looking at the gauge on their steam crane.

While not exactly the sort of figures you're probably looking for, the figures in the old Airfix 'Platform Accessories' set (now in the Dapol range) are H0 rather than 00. The old Airfix version was in a flexible plastic, but I suspect (though I don't know for certain) that the Dapol version is probably in their grey styrene. If so they will be quite amenable to cut and shut surgery and/or plastic filler.

• 1 month later...

Archived