Bird Sounds ... anybody do a chip or sound track for it

muddys-blues

Hello, I am looking to incorporate background sound into a countryside based layout, does anybody does some bird sounds or know of other layouts who incorporate this feature ? Any information or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Craig.

Funny you should mention this Craig, was talking to someone about self same thing on Saturday.

IIRC, he said British Library website had some downloadable birdsong. Give them a try?

Also he said he'd bought some pod type speakers which had a micro SD card slot that would play the sounds as a 'ready to plant' install.

• RMweb Gold

I was thinking of this for Sheep Lane....................with occasional.............'Baaaaaa!!!'

BBC Sound Effects Records - originally released on vinyl, and then on CD .... included at least one disc with birdsong,  dawn chorus etc.

These permited reproduction in shows etc.

There is a reminder included that this does NOT apply to a record of Bird Song / Garden Birds which was released as a normal record - and which reproduction of is NOT permitted.

There is also, or was,  the extensive BBC Sound Effect Library offerd for professional use - this may now only be as on line downloads???

I bought my set from Canford Audio at a show when they were being offered quite cheaply.

(There was also an EMI ? Sound Effects Disc released for amateur use, in the same way as the BBC Sound FX records - and a memorable item on the disc is the Car-crash and over the cliff sound sequence used in every Century 21 hunderbirds/Captain Scarlet etc, and many British films made at Elstree/Boreham Wood)   [similar to the idea of the stock shot of the old Jaguar going over a cliff]

• RMweb Gold

Bluetooth speaker under layout....walk in country side to record birdsong on mobile - link to speaker play clips and off we go

Skylarks for Abbotswood....

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for dragging this thread up again, but it might be worth mentioning that Gaugemaster will soon be releasing a layout sound system, as part of their modular Unity layout control system.

Model no.  GMC-S01 Unity-S Sound Controller.

Archived