RMweb

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

• RMweb Gold

NIR unit 8458 at Belfast Adelaide in May 2004

rev%20Adelaide%208458%20May%202004_zpswd

Next: A location where you can see standard gauge and narrow gauge alongside each other

Edited by Metr0Land
  • Like 3

Editing....

Good move!

One for the "lines in the landscape" thread?  A view from Snowdon summit on a day of unusually fine weather.

post-10122-0-48188600-1497463229_thumb.jpg

Ok, enough hills and mountains - somewhere low lying (but not beside the sea)

Edited by EddieB
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

On the Somerset Levels, but close to Glastonbury Tor. Nice 'there's a prototype for everything' telegraph pole.

post-14351-0-46929900-1497465769_thumb.jpg

Not mountainous and not low-lying - a nice scene with rolling hills - please

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 7

Lets go with their successors - how about a Pacer in a pre-privatised paint scheme

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/image/8372-aye-aye-skipper/

Sorry it's a link, according to the page it doesn't exist when I try to fetch it back :(

Next, how about an electric blue locomotive?

88002 with the Northern Belle set at Euston last month.

post-10122-0-40145400-1497476076_thumb.jpg

Next - cross-border stock at a frontier station* within the Schengen area.

*I.e. the last station before a national border or boundary.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure there was one (class 150?) with an advert for either Devon or Cornwall along the sides, because I remember seeing it at Temple Meads but not taking a great deal of notice at the time. That was in addition to a couple of Ginsters branded 158s which were operating in the West Country about 13/14 years ago. 

EDITED, to add that after a bit of internet research I have discovered there were 2 class 150s, 150234 and 150244 treated in this manner.

Photos from side on are not that common, but here is 150244  - https://walesrails.smugmug.com/Class-by-class/Second-Generation-DMU/Second-Generation-DMU-150/i-TxKwz7T/A

Look what I have found - as usual looking for something else! It's a bit of a grotty photo as I took it from inside another train - probably a 442. I knew that I had seen it somewhere. Because of the reflections I hadn't bothered to process or upload it before.

post-14351-0-53620000-1497479983_thumb.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 1

Diesel single unit 52302 at Eastleigh 12 10 2006.jpg

The "set number" would be 153 302 - now with East Midlands Trains; 153 333 apparently carries advertising for South Devon.

Diesel single unit 52302 at Eastleigh 12 10 2006.jpg

Just to be different a narrow gauge cross border train at Tirano, Italy, RhB station

Erm, strictly speaking Italy is, but Switzerland isn't in the Schengen area - but I'm not going to object to a lovely picture such as that!

Edited by EddieB

88002 with the Northern Belle set at Euston last month.

attachicon.gif3G5A4942.jpg

Next - cross-border stock at a frontier station* within the Schengen area.

*I.e. the last station before a national border or boundary.

That's stretching a point innit :jester:

Unless - and I can't tell from the resolution of the pic I can see, that those first two vehicles are some of the ex Manchester Pullman MK2 cars?

Edited by leopardml2341

• RMweb Premium

Just to be different a narrow gauge cross border train at Tirano, Italy, RhB station

Erm, strictly speaking Italy is, but Switzerland isn't in the Schengen area - but I'm not going to object to a lovely picture such as that!

Well, Being even more pedantic it meets the original request of "cross-border stock at a frontier station* within the Schengen area"

It didn't say both countries had to be in the Schengen!

Keith

Look what I have found - as usual looking for something else! It's a bit of a grotty photo as I took it from inside another train - probably a 442. I knew that I had seen it somewhere. Because of the reflections I hadn't bothered to process or upload it before.

attachicon.gifDiesel single unit 52302 at Eastleigh 12 10 2006.jpg

Thanks for that photo. There were obviously more units treated in this manner than I had thought.