Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

• RMweb Gold

Not the most exciting of shots. Dad spent quite a lot of time at Lawrence Hill and got some good action shots there - this was one of the less good ones, but it meets the criteria! I am not sure why the caption highlights the track. It must have been for another RMweb thread I guess.

post-14351-0-67275800-1500213928_thumb.jpg

How about a nice shot of a steam engine emerging from a tunnel or bridge with a cloud of smoke and steam?

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

A goods train being shunted, please.

Savannah, GA in November 2016.

This was back and forth across the road for about 45 minutes sorting out tank cars into the chemical works.

post-408-0-99354900-1500245205_thumb.jpg

I was accosted by the driver asking me what I was doing taking photos - I think he thought i worked for some railroad administration until he heard my accent.......

How about a British level crossing scene next?

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 5

Perhaps not quite what you were expecting...if you look closely in the foreground you can see the Fairbourne Railway crossing Ffordd Corsen.  In the background, BBC Wales anchor-man Jamie Owen does a piece to camera introducing the rest of Wales to the annual FART - the Fairbourne Annual Race the Train, where people race the Fairbourne Railway to the Point and back raising money for charity.  Thanks to the Beeb being in town, that year got a lot of extra people.

33796275865_9879ada623_h.jpgFART2 002 by wombatofludham, on Flickr

The red Renault was trapped for a good twenty minutes by the road closure.

Another shot of the event in 2007, this time with the heavy rail crossing in the distance with the Cambrian steam special crossing over it

33639966652_7d0ed50a8d_h.jpgFART2 016 by wombatofludham, on Flickr

Back to the Ffordd Corsen crossing you can just make out the Fairbourne Railway train crossing over protected by pedestrian barriers, being chased by a runner!

33755428996_6c7cea73a4_h.jpgFART2 028 by wombatofludham, on Flickr

Don't know if these count, they are not too clear, but if so, let's go wildcard.

Edited by wombatofludham
  • Like 4

A mpd shot with one of those huge concrete coaling towers - by way of contrast - please

Nah, I'm not old enough to have one of those in mi album :mosking: Edited by leopardml2341

• RMweb Premium

My Avatar is at Carnforth but the big concrete thing that needs to be in the next image isn't - it's over to the right a bit.  So I can't help, but hey, it's clearly visible as you come South on the WCML and on the A6.  By the time I get there with a camera, the thread will have moved on a lot. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hope this, from my sophisticated point, shoot, live in hope, instamatic days might fit the bill. 

Carnforth, mid 1970s with Clan Line making the scene.

post-11377-0-60895000-1500314761.jpg

I invite a wildcard to get things moving again.