RMweb

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

You might have a problem doing the round trip in under the 24 hours before the wildcard rule kicks in!

Google maps say I can manage one way in 10hr 35 mins, so if I didn't eat, sleep or stop for a p you never know.

Thankfully Eddie has saved Me with his Z.

Of course what I would have done is just popped down to Bassendean and photographed the Zanthus cabin that's been relocated to the Rail Museum and just told you chaps I did the big trip :D

The goods yard at Wokingham, Berkshire. One of my grottiest photos, but it was taken from the window of a moving train, with one of my early cameras. I suppose it could even have been my Mum's Box Brownie!

post-7091-0-89694200-1501499621.jpg

Next, yet another shire county.

• Like 1

I've got one - but not accessible where I am now :(

Also cant remember if it says Berlin Zoologischer Garten

Google tells me this:

Bhf BZG.png

I doubt it'll have the Berlin prefix on the U-Bahn. S-Bahn might since it shares it's alignment with the main line.

Anyway, that's ancient history now.

I can't ask since I have no proper contribution but anyone got a picture of a 2-8-4 "Berkshire" ;)

• RMweb Gold

Gloucestershire this one. I am not sure of the origin of this coach - although it says Eastern Region. The neighbouring coach looks interesting, from the little bit one can see.

post-14351-0-32970800-1501505400_thumb.jpg

Another shire - there's still several left.

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Isle of Wight  - Hampshire?  Taken around 1986 at Ryde 

And now J

I think you will find that the Isle of Wight is a county - with out a shire at the end. If it were to be part of Hampshire, that county has been had - at Eastleigh above.

Here's a conundrum. If we are talking shires, then this photo is in Merionethshire (English spelling) although administratively it is Gwynedd, which isn't a shire county. Meirionnydd (Welsh spelling) was a district of Gwynedd between 1974 and 1996, and a Cantref of the old Kingdom of Gwynedd.

So I'll go with Merionethshire!

35453852664_94a15d68c8_h.jpgYeo at Fairbourne Penrhyn Point by wombatofludham, on Flickr

• Like 3