RMweb

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

J36 locomotives at Kipps Shed. 65285 with a cut down chimney and 65217 with tender cab - variations for Hornby? And I wished I had included a bit more of that wooden bodied wagon on the right of the picture.

Don't know who put the kit together in the top picture, but you'd think they'd check the cab was straight:-)

• RMweb Gold

Kingswinford Junction South, December 1982.

post-9767-0-70456900-1519069520.jpg

The Rat is 25051 and it was propelling our Inspection Tour using Saloon M45026.

Not sure if I used this one before, but it captures some of the death throes of the 'Old Railway' we knew as lads. The yard at Moor Lane is still being used for wagonload steel traffic.  Old GWR signals have been refitted as Upper Quadrants. The facing points still have a lock bar, no track circuit. The line curving off to the left was the branch through Pensnett, Baggeridge and Wombourne to Oxley. It was only completed throughout in 1925. Passenger services only lasted for seven years and the line was progressively closed from 1965, the last bit in use being to LCP at Pensnett. 

The main OWW line to the right closed as a through route beyond Dudley to Wolverhampton in  the 1960s, the South Staffs line from Dudley to Bescot closed c1993. The box was burned down by vandals in 2001. There is about one train a day now as far as Round Oak. 

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I missed J for Japanese photos, but here's K for Kushiro.

This is the Kushiro Shitsugen Norokko-go tourist train that visits the Kushiro Wetlands.

The loco is a DE10-1000 CoBo 

post-408-0-72843600-1519071060_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I'll have a tenner on Down Main Line west end of Taunton station with Taunton West Station Signal Box rather obscured by His Majesty

Most of Dad's photos at Taunton are looking in towards the station, so I hadn't seen that view before. We moved to Somerset in the early '50s so it could well have been there. Thanks for your suggestion. When I have time, which won't be soon, I will have a look in his spotting logs to see if I can confirm it.

• RMweb Premium

L for Leeds.

A view of the western approaches as a 185 departs with a Trans Pennine service and a 91 powered set heads for London.

post-408-0-25755100-1519085516_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4