GUVs with gangways question.

• RMweb Gold

Anyone done a conversion, they were used in newspaper traffic for bundling and also had a toilet added. Where can I source a mk1 style corridor conection in 4mm?

Keen Systems do resin ones with sprung end covers, designed to replace those on Bachmann Mk.1s and therefore suitable to fit onto a flat end.

Other possibilities that might be worth checking out would be Comet [EDIT: End castings set ECB1 which, IIRC also includes jumper cables and oval buffers) 

Also Southern Pride, though I'm not sure if the latter are still active. (website updated last week) but they do the complete Mk1 end which wouldn't suit your purpose without cutting much of it away. See next post.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

The GUVs which were converted had their flat ends replaced with bow ends.  Jim Smith-Wright has done the conversion.  I would give the web reference but I  can't without logging out of RMweb!

Chris

There is one major point of difference which you must take note of if you are modelling one of these vehicles, GUVs have straight sided bodies to the narrow body profile, whereas BGs and standard mk1s had the curved body profile.

One way to model these would be to use either a DC kits or Southern Pride mk1 coach end moulding to give you the body shape and then use a corridor connector of your choice.

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I am attempting to do the conversion in N gauge on a Farish new tooling GUV.  One thing I am confused about is the raised parts on the sides at each end, namely the long plate like thing and the hinges.  Some photos of these I have seen retain them, others lost them completely.  Is there any pattern to these or are they random?