Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

A ghost in the workshop?

• RMweb Premium

It's elves and pixies.....

At a large shipyard in the UK every night items went "missing". On further investigation it was decided (by the night shift) that the elves and pixies moved things for fun but also helped to speed other parts of the work along...

Baz

• RMweb Gold

It's elves and pixies.....

At a large shipyard in the UK every night items went "missing". On further investigation it was decided (by the night shift) that the elves and pixies moved things for fun but also helped to speed other parts of the work along...

Baz

I need those sort of elves and pixies, none of my modelling gets speeded along overnight in my absence!

Mike.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

It is my firm belief, backed up by, if not objective deductive investigation then at least by close observation over a considerably period of time, that my single socks are being systematically stolen by space elves from another dimension and taken back to their home planet, where they are, by methods beyond our technology or understanding, converted into wire coat hangers and returned to their original owner.  Only one sock at a time is ever taken, and it is sometimes, just to mess with my head, returned as soon as I've discarded it's now useless friend.  It's the only possible explanation; I live alone, perhaps not surprisingly, and nobody else is doing it!

Now, if only I can persuade the little to convert the washing up into a new Bachmann 4575...

Just found this thread and I feel much better now. We have 3 vegetable peelers thanks to the spooks. We had one go missing followed by it's replacement not long after. It was only after we bought a third that the other two reappeared in what was a perfectly clean and empty sink only moments before. Another incident involved a compartment box of small parts such as engine lamps, Route disk and such that disappeared in my shed only to reappear by falling off a shelf I would never have put in on when I pulled something else down. Suffice to say, the bits went everywhere when the box hit the floor.  :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

Hi

We have one of those light timers that you can put between the bulb and the ceiling rose so that the light comes on randomly when you are away. Well last year I couldn't find it so went out and bought a new one. Two weeks ago the old one turned up in a drawer I had emptied looking for it originally.

Cheers

Paul

Archived