The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

MRJ 243 and three quarters, Sausage Special

Arthur

Seen in WHS Ealing this morning, an interim issue.

MRJ 243 and three quarters gets with the meat product zeitgeist in a "Sausage Special".

post-6861-0-54941600-1491003162_thumb.jpg

As has become the custom, guest editor Captain 'Tim' Kernow has brought together an eclectic mix of articles celebrating his own interest, modelling the Finescale Sausage.

Lead article is an in depth description of the seminal sausage layout built by the doyen of finescale Sausage modelling, Frank Furter. Franks layout provides the cover photo, against a backdrop of The British Sausage Corporations Staplegrove Works, 46171 'Royal Army Sausage Corp' speeds west with a meat products special.

The Cap'n gives Frank a good grilling on the thorny question, 'Whither the finescale sausage modeller?', especially relevant with the availability of the Ready to Eat sausage.

Lt. Colonel Snorker (rtd.) writes in from Tonbridge on the availability of finescale sausage skins and wonders whether, post Brexit, we will be able to abandon the metric 10 skin pack and return to the imperial pack of four....

By Heck, it's a sizzling good read!

Ethical and Environmental Statement: No sausages were wasted in the making of this post. The dog ate the boiler and I ate the tender.

The news of the release of this interim edition has worked me up into such a lather I find I cannot sleep. Like the compendiums before it, there is no doubt in my mind that in the future this edition is bound to be looked back upon as another classic. Surely it will be much sought after and become a very worthwhile investment.

Inside information allows me to divulge that there is an article on creating realistic urban back scenes and I have been given permission to publish the attached illustration to accompany the article. You may notice from were the inspiration was taken. The workmanship alone proves that railway modelling as portrayed by the contributors to MRJ is rapidly becoming an art form.

post-508-0-56686200-1491018641.jpg

Keep up the good work.

P

• RMweb Gold

It's a shame this edition has come out so soon. My Old Brue Quay diorama may well get an extension to include the Highbridge Bacon Company's extensive factory*, where all sorts of pork products, including sausages, were produced. I could have offered an article on building a slaughter-house with authentic sound module or an overhead carcass railway. I must investigate whether there is an appropriate-smelling smoke effect on the market.

Ah well, at least I should get some good advice on painting and weathering appropriate breeds of pig. I am also looking forward to seeing how to incorporate the Faller road system into a sausage factory to allow a pork-lift truck to move carcasses and palleted products around, although that would be too modern and mobile for my static diorama.

https://capturehighbridge.wordpress.com/industry/bacon-and-creamery/

• RMweb Gold

As has become the custom, guest editor Captain 'Tim' Kernow has brought together an eclectic mix of articles celebrating his own interest, modelling the Finescale Sausage.

I can neither confirm nor deny that the above-mentioned (or below-mentioned) issue of MRJ 243.75 (still in the EU, chaps, hold your horses - or your Horses if you are in Ealing, can't be going back to these old-fashioned fractions just yet, wot?) may or may not have been the result of collaboration or non-collaboration as the case may (or may not) be (or not be) with the Chairperson of Pie and Sausage Factory Number 7 in the Peoples Democratic Workers Paradise of Haverfordwest.

You, the reader, will have to decide whether there has been any input by the above-mentioned personage, or whether there was no involvement, because this cannot be confirmed or denied at this stage, or any other stage that may (or may not) arrive in the near (or not so near) future.

What is clear is that future issues, and we have number 243.89 in mind for this, will carry an in-depth feature on the conceptualisation, realisation and production of the 1975-issue of the Original Studiolith Hair Shirt, and the influence of same on the construction of the layout Heck-mondwyke. We are hoping that this issue will also carry a comprehensive and unintelligible treatise of model railway operation for modellers, by an unnamed but highly experienced railway operations person from the West Midlands.

This is almost as surprising as the news which came to me earlier this morning that the Journal is to shortly launch a website (later today I believe) and that all current subscriptions will be converted to a digital publication with immediate effect delivered by email, apparently Smiths and other stockists will simply carry a QR code on the shelf for readers to download subsequent issues.

Email the editor for further information.

This is almost as surprising as the news which came to me earlier this morning that the Journal is to shortly launch a website (later today I believe) and that all current subscriptions will be converted to a digital publication with immediate effect delivered by email, apparently Smiths and other stockists will simply carry a QR code on the shelf for readers to download subsequent issues.

Now what is today's date, Hmmmmmm :)

• RMweb Gold

Pssst - wanna know their email address?  Yours for only a free ticket to the next Ally Pally exhibition and a stop watch to allow the interval between train movements to be objectively recorded for next year's post-exhibition thread.

PS  A rather nice Cumberland saudsage was consumed at Ally Pally this year.

I'd expected better than this from such esteemed company...

Seen in WHS Ealing this morning, an interim issue.

MRJ 243 and three quarters gets with the meat product zeitgeist in a "Sausage Special".

attachicon.gifIMG_0167.JPG

Lead article is an in depth description of the seminal sausage layout built by the doyen of finescale Sausage modelling, Frank Furter. Franks layout provides the cover photo, against a backdrop of The British Sausage Corporations Staplegrove Works, 46171 'Royal Army Sausage Corp' speeds west with a meat products special.

The Cap'n gives Frank a good grilling on the thorny question, 'Whither the finescale sausage modeller?', especially relevant with the availability of the Ready to Eat sausage.

Lt. Colonel Snorker (rtd.) writes in from Tonbridge on the availability of finescale sausage skins and wonders whether, post Brexit, we will be able to abandon the metric 10 skin pack and return to the imperial pack of four....

By Heck, it's a sizzling good read!

Ethical and Environmental Statement: No sausages were wasted in the making of this post. The dog ate the boiler and I ate the tender.

Great Scot! The all day breakfast edition..

• RMweb Gold

I have been "scratching" around all the purveyors of fine quality sausage related products and cannot find a copy any where   

What a chance to give this circular another airing.

I produced it at a time when swine flu was around. It was devised as an addendum to a genuine five page DofH circular, issued to local authorities.

post-14351-0-06726900-1491046464_thumb.jpg

Archived