A J52 for Finsbury Square

31A

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, 31A said:

This is one of the other Finsbury Square station pilots:

P1030033.jpeg.7e6ecdf665ae69ad9b021e4f740a103a.jpeg

The other two locos in the Pilot Link are a mucky J50 and almost equally mucky 350HP Diesel, so I won't show you them!

As Pimped as a Cleaners' Bothy. Boootiful job Steve.

P

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

On 03/12/2022 at 10:01, 31A said:

That's very ingenious!

Just came across this thread, thanks Steve for popping a couple of pictures of your finished project on the end; although the other project features are very interested - and very impressive - I was very disappointed when I thought I wouldn't be ale to see it at all.

I picked up a Hornby one a while back in GNR livery because I didn;t at that point have anything in the livery and although it's by no means very accurate it did provide a little distant set dressing. To my surprise tohugh, it's a really good runner, completely unaltered by me (well, other than crewing and coaling) so I haven't done anything with it since. PArtly that's because of other projects, partly because of better GNR vehicles having superseded it.

And I fully agree about the Hornby J15: in RTR terms, it's the smoothest runner at low speed I have, out of any UK profile stock that is. 

If you start including continental locos from the likes of Fleischmann, Roco or Brawa for instance, you raise the bar dramatically...

• Thanks 1