Zero zephyr 0 gauge kits

Does anyone know if the zero zephyr kits are still obtainable? I'm trying to get hold of a 2021 pannier kit but I've not seen any for a very long time.or does anyone know where I might be able to get hold of one?

Thanks

David

They may be available from Adrian Swain (ABS) but he has been unwell and no longer attends exhibitions. He doesn't have a website or e-mail but he can be contacted by 'snail mail' or phone: 39 Napier Rd. Poole Dorset BH15 4LX  01202 672891. Best of luck.

Ray.

I managed to get in contact with him and the 2021 panniers are sold out and there's no chance of him doing anymore in the foreseeable future. So unless anyone has any leads for a second hand one or is willing to sell one it seems I'm out of luck.

I managed to get in contact with him and the 2021 panniers are sold out and there's no chance of him doing anymore in the foreseeable future. So unless anyone has any leads for a second hand one or is willing to sell one it seems I'm out of luck.

Scorpio do one and they are a bit easier to find.  Refer http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/16709-scorpio-model-kits/

This one came up on www https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/scorpio-models-gauge-kit-class-2021-479298179

Both are old kits but as this post on WT shows, a great model can result http://www.westernthunder.co.uk/index.php?threads/a-west-midlands-works.3825/page-8

post-1733-0-49884800-1492036007_thumb.jpg

Edited by LaScala
  • Like 1

It does look nice but I want a zephyr one because the thought of trying to for a pannier tank scares me to death haha.

IMHO it's the bunker that is a PITA.  The tanks are not too difficult.

Having built three panniers, I can say that the ZZ is the easiest but it is an old kit and compares to say the MOK 64xx, light years behind.

The Zero Zephyr kit gets over both problems because bunker and tanks are nice resin one piece castings.

Yeah I am fairly proficient with etched brass kits now, I just still havnt got my confidence with bending rads yet. I have a jltrt 8750 to build first and I was thinking of an mok 54xx for my next project. My dad and I plan of modelling the forest of Dean lines.

I have following all of your posts with great interest Mr grumpy. You do a brilliant job!

I build the JLTRT 57XX on here a while ago.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/100797-jltrt-57xx/

It has much in common with the 8750 apart from the cab and bunker. Also the kit has one or two errors particularly the ash pan. I have lots of detail pictures of the 8750 at Didcot so if you need anything let me know.

Also have a look at Heather Kay's build of the 8750 on Western Thunder, which she has just completed.

It on the "What's on my workbench " section. Unfortunately it's mixed in with lots of other people's builds so takes a while to find all the posts.

Cheers,

Peter

Hi pad, I've read your entire thread on building the 57xx, it's what inspired me to get one! Haha. The pictures would likely come in handy as living in Brad there aren't many around here... The kwvr's 5775 is in the museum at York but everything I go I can't get anywhere near it...

Good to hear you enjoyed the thread.

I've quite a lot of photos of the 8750 taken at Didcot,including the cab interior. I was a bit naughty and ignored the do not climb into the cab sign. Let me know as and when you need something specific and I will send you a pm.

Cheers,

Peter

• 9 months later...

.....Also, the MOK tanks are white metal, and the bunker is a joy to build:-) take a look at my thread....

attachicon.gifIMG_5913.PNG

Hello,

Sorry to bother you, I was inquiring if the picture is of the MOK kit and have you posted any more pictures of this? it looks very good.

Thank you,

Regards, Mark

• 2 years later...