RMweb

Track dropper wiring spacing

I've a handful of turnouts that were given to me as a christmas present, Peco insulfrog code 100, not quite what I'm after so I'm wondering about other options.

You could always use them in a fiddle yard with code 75/100 adaptors.

If you are contemplating using computer control then you will need some form of train detection eg Rifid Railcom Transponding etc , I use Railcom and DCC4PC Railcom readers  and Traincontroller and that requires the trackwork to be divided into Blocks , each block will need feeds so if you think you might go for PC control ? droppers would be a very good idea on every single piece of track .

• RMweb Premium

If you are contemplating using computer control then you will need some form of train detection eg Rifid Railcom Transponding etc , I use Railcom and DCC4PC Railcom readers  and Traincontroller and that requires the trackwork to be divided into Blocks , each block will need feeds so if you think you might go for PC control ? droppers would be a very good idea on every single piece of track .

Dont forget the insulating fishplates between blocks if you were to  consider current sensing.

(Starting to get technical now!)

Keith

• 4 weeks later...

Dont forget the insulating fishplates between blocks if you were to  consider current sensing.

(Starting to get technical now!)

Keith

will do, thank you, just need to decide on 75 or 100.

Forgive my ignorance, but apart from the rail height scale, are is 75 and 100 scale track the same or are different turnout and curves available for each type?

If I'm confident that my original APTs and 1987 class 47 (london Standard) will ride along the lower track with no problem.

Is code 75 track generally more expensive (sorry, I could look that up myself) 

I've a 0-6-0 Class 08 diesel shunter and a 0-6-0 pannier GWR steam loco, both new Bachmann, would they be ok to pass over the turnouts and double slips?

Thank you for your help and patience.

Archived