Rerailing jack(s) - Victorian style - 4mm scale

Why 3D printed. I think RT Models do some in white metal.

I suppose I was trying to be 'Modern'.

Ironically, whilst looking through Goggle images,

I found one from the broad Gauge Society, referenced from my own post in 2015...

But illustrated in post #6 and my post at #12. I thought I had thought about these before.....

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/101328-loco-jacks-how-did-they-work-and-did-all-locos-carry-them/

RT Models - Their part No. 4SLP020  Large locomotive jack, though not the type I was looking for.

Edited by Penlan

I have done side winding rerailing jacks on my 3d printed Tilbury tank. I could always put them on shapeways as a stand alone part if that would be of any use. The Gem ones seem more like fixed jacks for doing a maintenance lift rather than the type which locos tended to carry on the bufferbeam.

What I was after, to go on my late Victorian sloping smokebox (top hinged) door (modified K's) Coal Tank,

looked like this :-

post-6979-0-08300100-1495348296.jpg

What I have received (10 of them for £3.50 incl. p&p) look like this, so a little bit of tweaking required :-

post-6979-0-32066400-1495348408.jpg

I think I'm happy with these, once I've rounded off those obvious nuts, a couple of wires across to act as the handles seen on the 1:1 one, and all should be well, nobody will notice them anyway, more interested asking if it's a Bachmann CT......

Many thanks for your guidance, everybody.

Edited by Penlan