RMweb

REDUTEX - Appeal for info.

Does anyone know where I can get a supply of Redutex brick "papers" from in the UK please?

There used to be 2 named suppliers on the website, but I have tried on numerous occasions over the past five months to get some with no result. I need some desperately to finish a building!

Apologies if this topic has already been covered elsewhere.

Regards,

Jack

Hi Jack

According to Portsmouth Model Shop, the only UK retailer listed on the Redutex website http://co.uk.redutex.com/ there's been a holdup on orders since last Christmas apparently because of an illness in the small Spanish firm that makes it. They do have some in stock so it might be worth giving them a call (Portsmouth Model Shop tel 023 926 53100 www.modelshop-portsmouth.co.uk)

I'd normally suggest Loco-Revue, who have a large range in their current catalogue, as their online ordering is usually pretty efficient but looking at their website they're currently only showing six surfaces and none of them brickwork   http://trains.lrpresse.com/search.aspx?q=redutex

Sorry not to be able to help more.

Hi Andy Y and Pacific.

Thanks for your help. Every time I ring DCC a recorded message tells me that "due to staff illness" they are not answering the phone and to email. I am currently up to 4 unanswered emails.

Portsmouth was where I originally got some from and they told me when I rang about ten days ago that they were still waiting and chasing. I just wondered if there was another UK outlet.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Jack

I know you asked for an English supplier but have you thought about ordering direct as they may have the items in stock that you want.

Their website is redutex.com and the menu can be switched to english for ease of ordering. The last time I ordered from them there was a slight delay due to manufacturing problems so they included two extra packets for me by way of apology.

There seem to be continuing problems at DCC supplies a friend of mine has been trying for weeks to order from them but gave up in the end and got what he wanted in less than a week from the US

The LR Presse website has a huge listing under the various drop-down menus from this page http://trains.lrpresse.com/CT-414-habillage-de-surface.aspx and if you "hover" over the photo of any particular product, it will tell you the current stock situation - either the number of sheets in stock or "disponible" i.e. available but they have to order it in.

They did have substantial stocks of almost everything at their Trainsmania show in Lille at the end of last month but I have to admit that I didn't check the stock situation at the end of Sunday, so a lot may have been sold.

I was actually more interested in seeing how realistic each item was as I had recently obtained some HO "lozenge" roof tiles (by mail order from LR Presse) and they (of something almost impossible to model well from scratch, even making up a punch) were absolutely first class - and easy to use to boot. I did feel that perhaps a lot of the range were not quite upto that standard.

By the way, for brickwork in HO scale, Slaters' 3mm plasticard brick sheets are considerably closer to HO scale than 3mm, but only come in one bond.

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Any update.

The Redutex website does not seem to have been updated and I can't even get onto the DCC Supplies website.

I can access the DCC Supplies website OK, and if their website is up to date they have certain Redutex sheets in stock.

However, I have noticed over the last few months that they seem to be out of stock in a great range of items - again if the website is correct!

Any update.

The Redutex website does not seem to have been updated and I can't even get onto the DCC Supplies website.

Hi Joseph

Stocks are looking reasonably healthy on the Loco-Revue products website https://trains.lrpresse.com/CT-560-redutex-P2.aspx  and  L-R's online ordering system is usually pretty efficient. Shipping costs add about €12.50 which is a lot for a couple of sheets but is the same for 10 sheets (I haven't tested it beyond ten). Thanks to Bre*it the Euro price is now pretty well what you'll pay in sterling. I got an exchange rate of 1.07 from PayPal on a publication I bought from Editions L-R a few days ago.

I’ve seen redutex at shows now and then but few and far between

I’ve seen railtec transfers have started doing 3d sheets of brick and stone ,I think they’re similar to the redutex stuff

http://www.railtec-models.com/3d-brickwork.php

Brian

OK for O scale if it;s 1:43.5 Brian but Railtec is 4mm/ft rather than 3.5mm (H0 1:87) so bricks in particular would be a bit overscale for 3.5mm/ft (Looking at their website pain-staking sounds unpleasant  :nono: ).

Edited by Pacific231G