Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Tynebank: South Tyneside circa 1960

ianblenk

• 3 weeks later...

Testing out the new signals, Q6 has a clear calling on enabling the mineral shunt to proceed. The J72 simmers on the Riverside exchange road. I thought I'd just about finished the layout, but of course it's nowhere near, hope I get most of it done my March for Birtley. The signal is an unusual arrangement, but based on one in Mick Nicholson's excellent book.

IMG_0226.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

• Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Naworth No.6 from my Tarnhouse layout is having a spin hauling traffic for Tyne Dock Engineering.

My 'to do' list for Birtley Exhibition is getting smaller. I will have to go with a much reduced operating sequence than I use at home, due to the amount of stock and also somewhere to put it during the exhibition 

IMG_0241.JPG

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 minutes ago, SteamAle said:

No way can you stop doing exhibitions! How will everybody who does not use this site get to see how good a modeller you are?

You are very kind, but modelling to a deadline does my napper in, I don't mind so much if I've been out with one before, but new ones ... I will meet my commitments for this year Birtley with Tynebank, Newcastle with South Gallions and us with Hallbankgate, then that's it, much prefer organising.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ian Blenk said:

Well, that's the last of the locos finished, just need to tone down those chunks of whitemetal which I am trying to pass off as Lamps. Anyone tried the Modelu ones?

DSC00750 (2).JPG

No, but I use the Springside LNER type with round bodies which seem less obtrusive!

2 minutes ago, 31A said:

No, but I use the Springside LNER type with round bodies which seem less obtrusive!

Thanks Steve, I will give them a go, I've always steered clear of lamps as they all looked over scale and i'd rather leave them off, I know that would cause apoplexy for some folk! Also I don't like using model figures I can't reconcile their frozen attitudes. Hope you are well and looking forward to more posts about Finsbury.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ian Blenk said:

Thanks Steve, I will give them a go, I've always steered clear of lamps as they all looked over scale and i'd rather leave them off, I know that would cause apoplexy for some folk! Also I don't like using model figures I can't reconcile their frozen attitudes. Hope you are well and looking forward to more posts about Finsbury.

Thanks Ian; hopefully some more to come when I get around to writing it.  Tend to agree re. figures.

• 2 weeks later...

A very rare occurrence, a new loco for Tynebank; Gateshead N10 69109. A big thanks to my good friend Charlie Miller for building it for me. It has one of my last Portescap motors, only three left now. It will be earning it's keep at Birtley on 4th 5th March

N10.JPG

• Like 12

• 3 weeks later...