Tynebank: South Tyneside circa 1960

ianblenk

• 3 weeks later...

Testing out the new signals, Q6 has a clear calling on enabling the mineral shunt to proceed. The J72 simmers on the Riverside exchange road. I thought I'd just about finished the layout, but of course it's nowhere near, hope I get most of it done my March for Birtley. The signal is an unusual arrangement, but based on one in Mick Nicholson's excellent book.

IMG_0226.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

• Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Naworth No.6 from my Tarnhouse layout is having a spin hauling traffic for Tyne Dock Engineering.

My 'to do' list for Birtley Exhibition is getting smaller. I will have to go with a much reduced operating sequence than I use at home, due to the amount of stock and also somewhere to put it during the exhibition 

IMG_0241.JPG

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 minutes ago, SteamAle said:

No way can you stop doing exhibitions! How will everybody who does not use this site get to see how good a modeller you are?

You are very kind, but modelling to a deadline does my napper in, I don't mind so much if I've been out with one before, but new ones ... I will meet my commitments for this year Birtley with Tynebank, Newcastle with South Gallions and us with Hallbankgate, then that's it, much prefer organising.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ian Blenk said:

Well, that's the last of the locos finished, just need to tone down those chunks of whitemetal which I am trying to pass off as Lamps. Anyone tried the Modelu ones?

DSC00750 (2).JPG

No, but I use the Springside LNER type with round bodies which seem less obtrusive!

2 minutes ago, 31A said:

No, but I use the Springside LNER type with round bodies which seem less obtrusive!

Thanks Steve, I will give them a go, I've always steered clear of lamps as they all looked over scale and i'd rather leave them off, I know that would cause apoplexy for some folk! Also I don't like using model figures I can't reconcile their frozen attitudes. Hope you are well and looking forward to more posts about Finsbury.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ian Blenk said:

Thanks Steve, I will give them a go, I've always steered clear of lamps as they all looked over scale and i'd rather leave them off, I know that would cause apoplexy for some folk! Also I don't like using model figures I can't reconcile their frozen attitudes. Hope you are well and looking forward to more posts about Finsbury.

Thanks Ian; hopefully some more to come when I get around to writing it.  Tend to agree re. figures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...