KATO RhB - US distributor?

Salmotrutta

I'm a member of ETE (European Train Enthusiasts) based in the North East of the US.  We are planning to offer space for European-themed modelling on our display area at the Amherst / Springfield MA train show in January 2018 - we have already had interest from one large manufacturer. As KATO have their range of RhB stock it would be great to have them represented on our stand. Do they actively market this outside of Japan - I see the sets on sale at shows so they  must be coming from somewhere! Any information on the US distributor would be appreciated!

We have also opened up the invitation to other European clubs to contact us about having representation in our area.

The RhB items are mostly available in Europe from Kato Japan.

Try Kato USA, especially if you can get their Glacier Express sets from there.

KATO USA just replied that they did import the Glacier Express from Japan as it was for the Japanese market. However they no longer support it in the USA. Maybe I'll try BEMO next..... :)

HI All

You can get all the Kato Swiss from Japan or in various shops inc Gauge master.

Kato USA dose not list any spares as i looked to see if they had any power bogies to alter to narrow gauge  

Regards Arran

Do you know who you Noch Distributor is in the USA, they might be worth a shout as they seem to be supporting it in Europe.

I believe it is Walthers - but they don't seem to carry the Glacier Express. Thanks for the suggestion! I might ask one of our commercially minded club members if we can get a small stock of sets to sell from Japan.

Edited by Salmotrutta