RMweb

Help needed with Hornby Flying Scot R3443

• RMweb Gold

Or it might not be the original screw, I'm thinking dome headed instead of flat headed which might foul the coupling.  Did you buy the loco new or is it secondhand?  In any case it should be easy enough to pick up a pack of replacements at any hardware store; take the old one with you so you can visually compare them and get a flat headed version.

If that's not the problem, we can probably help with a fuller description!

Or it might not be the original screw, I'm thinking dome headed instead of flat headed which might foul the coupling.  Did you buy the loco new or is it secondhand?  In any case it should be easy enough to pick up a pack of replacements at any hardware store; take the old one with you so you can visually compare them and get a flat headed version.

If that's not the problem, we can probably help with a fuller description!

Yes bought it new & it does have a domed headed screw will do as you say,thanks a lot

have you tried looking up the service/parts sheet on the Hornby website, that would then allow you to get the part numbers for the right set of screws you require which would also make it an easier job for a parts stockist to check and send you the parts required.

Are you referring to the screw which holds the tender body to the frames?

I don't have that model but the black F/S and newer A4 tenders have a screw which is deep in a hole under the rear coupling. When properly in place it does not interfere with fitting the coupling.

Are you referring to the screw which holds the tender body to the frames?

I don't have that model but the black F/S and newer A4 tenders have a screw which is deep in a hole under the rear coupling. When properly in place it does not interfere with fitting the coupling.

About 3/4 inch long philips screw, if it is that screw being referred to. Make sure that it is fully screwed down it locates into a plastic sleeve inside the Tender body.

Archived