Bulleid 2EPB Class 416/1

All work recently has been concentrated on the Roxey trailing pick up bogie.  It is now as finished as it will ever be:

post-8139-0-05663100-1501928874_thumb.jpg

post-8139-0-06547000-1501928888_thumb.jpg

Some rivet detail has been added in the form of pieces of 0.4 mm Plastruct rod, flaoted into place with solvent on a very fine brush.  The guard irons could, with hindsight, have been a little longer.

Now work can commence on the underframes. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Just to mention that Colin's 4 SUB scratchbuild will be running on my Minories layout at Scaleforum at the Stoke Mandeville Stadium this weekend - worth a visit to Aylesbury just to see that in my view!

Details here:-

https://www.scalefour.org/scaleforum/2017/

Best wishes,

I will try to make the time to have a good look at it, as well as your excellent layout. (I'll be on the DEMU stand along with Natalie)

• Like 1

Just to mention that Colin's 4 SUB scratchbuild will be running on my Minories layout at Scaleforum at the Stoke Mandeville Stadium this weekend - worth a visit to Aylesbury just to see that in my view!

Details here:-

https://www.scalefour.org/scaleforum/2017/

Best wishes,

Thanks for the plug Howard.  There will be far more than just the 4 SUB to look at on your layout.  

Meanwhile, this 2 EPB has not progressed any further due to time being devoted to getting the P4 test track operational.

All the best,

Colin

Thanks for the plug Howard.  There will be far more than just the 4 SUB to look at on your layout.  

Meanwhile, this 2 EPB has not progressed any further due to time being devoted to getting the P4 test track operational.

All the best,

Colin

Colin.

Will you be at Scaleforum?

Dave

Colin.

Will you be at Scaleforum?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Regretfully, I will not be attending due to ongoing health issues, which have restricted travel to some degree.  I shall be carrying on with modelling as usual, with plenty being done on a P4 test track right. See the link here for what I am doing now.

All the best,

Colin

Hi Dave,

Regretfully, I will not be attending due to ongoing health issues, which have restricted travel to some degree.  I shall be carrying on with modelling as usual, with plenty being done on a P4 test track right. See the link here for what I am doing now.

All the best,

Colin

Sorry to read this matey. Hope you're ok.

I was very pleased to meet HAB and have another look at Colin's 4Sub.

Dave

attachicon.gifICC6977.JPG

attachicon.gifICC6981.JPG

Thanks for posting the pictures Dave.  Without your photos it would not have been possible, nor for that matter, would the SUB have been quite right without Howard's grab handles and scribing template.

Howard's trackwork and signalling looks excellent.

Colin

I was very pleased to meet HAB and have another look at Colin's 4Sub.

Hi Dave,

Great to meet you too!  Sorry we did not get any proper time to chat - Saturday morning was more than usually hectic as we were a man down first thing.

Needless to say, the SUB performed faultlessly until 5pm on Saturday when it derailed in platform 3. But (relax Colin!) it turned out to be 5 chairs which had somehow come unstuck.  Even though I had to dispatch a man on an emergency mission to buy some butanone, it was fixed within 2 minutes - except that the crew had by then wandered off and had to be rounded up, which was a bit unprofessional!  That, and a few minor niggles apart, we had a good show.

Our next planned outing is not until 2019 (trying to get it a bit more finished next year) when we will be at the Epsom show, and in 2020 we will be at Railex back in Aylesbury.

Best wishes,

Howard

Whilst we're saying 'Hi' I'd echo all the comments about Minories and the electric units thereon and also having met and chatted with Howard.

To see the layout was probably the primary reason I went to Scaleforum, but I with other members of the LCN group hope to see it again soon.

Thanks Howard!

• Like 1