iPhone 4 speaker and Loksound micro V4 fitting

Salmotrutta

I have some H0m locos I'm fitting sound to. I have a sugar cube in the first one but it's a bit weedy sounding even though I have mounted on a 60 thou plasticard board to give "infinite baffle" (I used to make my own hi-fi speakers!)

I got a couple of the iPhone speakers for very little off "the 'Bay" however they seem to have a lot of extra wires - I'm assuming that the two little "tags" near the speaker are the direct connection and I can strip off the other stuff & screws but I'm wondering if anyone has posted pictures of their install as I didn't find anything obvious searching.

Looking at the Rapido website their "special speaker and housing" looks suspiciously like a stripped down iPhone speaker - I have a couple of their sound locos and the sound quality is very good using that in combination with the Select decoder. I'm reasonably confident that all will  work well with a micro V4 but a little bit of reassurance from the good burghers of this forum would be appreciated before I start wielding the soldering iron.....

I have some H0m locos I'm fitting sound to. I have a sugar cube in the first one but it's a bit weedy sounding even though I have mounted on a 60 thou plasticard board to give "infinite baffle" (I used to make my own hi-fi speakers!)

I got a couple of the iPhone speakers for very little off "the 'Bay" however they seem to have a lot of extra wires - I'm assuming that the two little "tags" near the speaker are the direct connection and I can strip off the other stuff & screws but I'm wondering if anyone has posted pictures of their install as I didn't find anything obvious searching.

Looking at the Rapido website their "special speaker and housing" looks suspiciously like a stripped down iPhone speaker - I have a couple of their sound locos and the sound quality is very good using that in combination with the Select decoder. I'm reasonably confident that all will  work well with a micro V4 but a little bit of reassurance from the good burghers of this forum would be appreciated before I start wielding the soldering iron.....

If you log on to youtube  and tap in 'iPhone speaker for DCC sound Farland howe ' you will see the fitting of the aforementioned speaker into a class 50

It sounds good and should put your mind at rest .

If you log on to youtube  and tap in 'iPhone speaker for DCC sound Farland howe ' you will see the fitting of the aforementioned speaker into a class 50

It sounds good and should put your mind at rest .

Thanks!