Help needed - Small MoD layout

MatthewEWS

Hi All,

Looking to start my first 'proper' layout soon but unsure where to start really. I'm thinking maybe something like a small MoD rail served depot but haven't got an idea about track plans or locations yet. Not sure on size yet, but it will be a small end to end layout with a small fiddle yard attached, probably no more than 6x1.

Thanks

Hi All,

Looking to start my first 'proper' layout soon but unsure where to start really. I'm thinking maybe something like a small MoD rail served depot but haven't got an idea about track plans or locations yet. Not sure on size yet, but it will be a small end to end layout with a small fiddle yard attached, probably no more than 6x1.

Thanks

Seek out Rails Across the Plain: The Amesbury - Bulford Railway. You could suppose the rail service continued if you want a more modern period as the cameo shots in the book offer possibilities for a smaller layout. 

aac

Seek out Rails Across the Plain: The Amesbury - Bulford Railway. You could suppose the rail service continued if you want a more modern period as the cameo shots in the book offer possibilities for a smaller layout. 

aac

You could also use Google Earth to check out the rail-served depot just by Warminster Station in Wiltshire, and there used to be quite a set-up at Ludgershall between Andover and Tidworth, accessed by a single track branch line out of Andover Station. 

aac