Thanks Merf, what were these vans, Itals, Maestros or Marinas?

Hi Nick, the one that has the side and front view is defo an Ital van, the one with the view of the rear doors could be either a Marina or the later Ital van

Best regards

Craig.

Looking good Nick, following with interest.

Thanks Russ, should be at Prestatyn with it next month as a 'work in progress'.

Hi Nick, the one that has the side and front view is defo an Ital van, the one with the view of the rear doors could be either a Marina or the later Ital van

Thanks Craig.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to John (Digital on here) for his visit this morning to do some of the wiring on the scenic board, it's almost finished.

Most of the basics are in place except for the goods shed which is being sorted and will be worth the wait. Just need to add all the small details and road vehicles. Looking half decent after a fresh coat of satin black paint except for the dam shadows which will go when I get the layout lighting sorted.

post-7968-0-43029800-1511701725_thumb.jpg

post-7968-0-84356300-1511701848_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Nice progress, looking forward to seeing this at Prestatyn on 9th December Nick.

Thanks Martyn, the deadline you are responsible for  :O has certainly made me get a move on but I haven't even started the fiddle yard board yet!

Thanks Martyn, the deadline you are responsible for :O has certainly made me get a move on but I haven't even started the fiddle yard board yet!

Ahem, apologies Nick! ;-) On the plus side the scenics are looking great, when we originally discussed you bringing it as a "work in progress" it was thought the layout may not have progressed much beyond track laying so its all good! :-)
  • Like 1

when we originally discussed you bringing it as a "work in progress" it was thought the layout may not have progressed much beyond track laying so its all good! :-)

I wanted it took reasonably decent so I have cracked on with it. Just hope the goods shed will be ready by then.

• Like 1

Guest Digital

Having seen Maentwrog Road in the flesh today you are all in for a real treat. The photos don’t do it justice. Nick’s modelling skills have really brought it to life. It’s going to be a real show stopper.

Regards

John.

• RMweb Gold

Back scene on this one looks very good except for the sky colour being far too blue.

No ! Its always like that - well ok some of the time. Most rain falls in August so some say. I have enjoyed many crystal clear days and the air is so good.  Great photo I guess the 47 help smooth out the bumps and straighten the bends !

Lovely

Robert  

• Like 1

No ! Its always like that - well ok some of the time. Most rain falls in August so some say. I have enjoyed many crystal clear days and the air is so good.  Great photo I guess the 47 help smooth out the bumps and straighten the bends !

Lovely

Robert  

You can't convince me Robert. We both worked there over many years.

Much better for straighten the bends were the 40s.

post-1625-0-09872700-1511962122.jpg

Not forgotten the flasks Nick, get round to it soon.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

It must hurt a bit the 40 looks cross eyed with pain , I`will get my coat !!

Junction loco dispatcher had a laugh then. Yes weather is a bit variable TBH. But got to keep up pretense for the Welsh tourist board you know.

Welsh weather forecast . "if you cannot see the mountains it is raining or dark, if you can see the mountains it will rain soon :sungum: . "

Lovely pics and a great layout.  I do recall seeing convoys of 4 wheel lorries grinding their way up the Oakley drive and wondering if that amount of bang together was a good idea...  The number and amount of DGs that passed the junction would today give the HSE sheep kittens - if that is possible..

Robert  

Junction loco dispatcher had a laugh then. Yes weather is a bit variable TBH. But got to keep up pretense for the Welsh tourist board you know.

Welsh weather forecast . "if you cannot see the mountains it is raining or dark, if you can see the mountains it will rain soon :sungum: . "

Robert  

When we were toiling up at Dduallt I recall we used to say 'If you can see the power station ' (Traws)

Merf.

I don't know if this info is of any use ? but from my notes, these are the remaining Coal Sector, BR Standard Brake Vans used in nuclear flask traffic 1989 and 1993, together with their locations and workings where known..

Brian R

B 954600 Coal Sector -  Willesden-Lydd Flask (1989),  Sellafield, nuclear flask traffic (1993)

B 954635 Coal Sector - Sellafield Flasks (1989)

B 954693 Coal Sector - Crewe Flasks (1989),   Temple Mills nuclear flask workings (1993)

B 954740 Coal Sector - Crewe Flasks (1989),   Crewe, nuclear flask traffic (1993)

B 954962 Coal Sector - Sellafield Flasks (1989),   Sellafield, nuclear flask traffic (1993)

B 954990 Coal Sector - Sellafield Flasks (1989),   Sellafield, nuclear flask traffic (1993)

B 955007 Coal Sector - Sellafield Flasks (1989),   Sellafield, nuclear flask traffic (1993)

B 955008 Coal Sector - Sellafield Flasks (1989),   Sellafield, nuclear flask traffic (1993)

B 955036 Coal Sector - Gloucester New Yd Flasks (1989),  Sellafield, nuclear flask traffic (1993) ;  Cond 8 weeks ending 140893

B 955060 Coal Sector - Temple Mills Yd Flasks (1989),  Sellafield, nuclear flask traffic (1993)

B 955062 Coal Sector - Sellafield Flasks (1989),  Gloucester-Berkley nuclear flask traffic (1993)

B 955087 Coal Sector - Gloucester New Yd Flasks (1989),  Gloucester,Berkley nuclear flask traffic (1993)

B 955109 Coal Sector - Sellafield Flasks (1989)  Sellafield, nuclear flask traffic (1993)

B 955125 Coal Sector - Burton on Trent MGR cripples (1989),  Sellafield, nuclear flask traffic (1993)

B 955139 Coal Sector - Temple Mills Yd Flasks (1989)  Sellafield, nuclear flask traffic (1993)

B 955163 Coal Sector - Sellafield  Flasks (1989),  Willesden-Lydd nuclear flask workings (1993)
B 955167 Coal Sector - Sellafield  Flasks (1989),  Sellafield, nuclear flask traffic (1993)

• Like 1