Missed the thread through not being in the usual Layout Topics a good catch up.

Excellent quality work and research. And so good to see so many members providing resources. Suppose that is the benefit of a real location that generates interest.

Multiple likes.

Apologies if I blocked up your email inbox.

Next outing Nick? Hopefully one or two before the DEMU?

Ian

Edited by Crisis Rail

Excellent quality work and research. And so good to see so many members providing resources. Suppose that is the benefit of a real location that generates interest.

Multiple likes.

Next outing Nick? Hopefully one or two before the DEMU?

Thanks Ian, its still work in progress but getting there.

Next outings,

The Sidings - East Anglian exhibition (March)

Maentwrog Road - Craig Y Don, Colwyn Bay exhibition (July)

I am wondering when the gunpowder traffic left the Cambrian coast route for the Traws line, as it could impact on your use of Class 24's.

The siding was laid 1986, 24's all gone by 1980. I was only running the 24 as it is sound fitted whereas I haven't got round to fitting my 25's & 47's with sound yet. And the train is air braked but 24081 is vacuum brake. Modellers licence!

• Like 1

I am wondering when the gunpowder traffic left the Cambrian coast route for the Traws line, as it could impact on your use of Class 24's.

Not forgetting the gap when the Cambrian freight finished until Maentwrog Road opened. The time when Blaenau yard was used and the vans grew in size !

Not forgetting the gap when the Cambrian freight finished until Maentwrog Road opened. The time when Blaenau yard was used and the vans grew in size !

Thanks Merf.  I wasn't doing much freight photography beyond Llanrwst in the late 70's and early 80's and so missed all that. I only ventured to Blaenau for railtours, especially when they involved a Class 24. You may remember it was you who got me interested in the diesel scene.

Thanks Merf.  I wasn't doing much freight photography beyond Llanrwst in the late 70's and early 80's and so missed all that. I only ventured to Blaenau for railtours, especially when they involved a Class 24. You may remember it was you who got me interested in the diesel scene.

And still got all those prints you gave me, very useful now.

Keep in the dry.

• Like 1

I have now fitted 2 strips of LED's to light the scenic board. One strip are warm white LED's (shown on in the photos) and another strip of cool white LED's which give a bright white effect. Both sets are wired via dimmer switches so the lighting can be adjusted.

post-7968-0-11382000-1518113703_thumb.jpg

post-7968-0-94632300-1518113711_thumb.jpg

• Like 12