Trentham Lakes (Distribution)

Crisis Rail

Taking a break from "Castleton Road" due to parts shortages.....

I have started yet another diorama with the intention of making extensive use of the excellent International Models Distribution Depot backscene.post-7252-126979187076_thumb.jpg

After a little searching I have found it is the one situated near Stoke City's Britannia Stadium and have named it as such.

Stock will be Intermodals with VGA's and such - Freightliner EWS 66 Traction.

Track - basic - A single headshunt to a run round loop with buffered storage sidings - The headshunt is inspired by the LANFINA reception sidings at Preston Docks - A fiddle yard can be added to the side.

Here is a few basic images.

post-7252-126979188429_thumb.jpg

post-7252-126979190257_thumb.jpg

post-7252-126979191618_thumb.jpg

post-7252-126979193425_thumb.jpg

post-7252-126979194965_thumb.jpg

post-7252-126979195897_thumb.jpg

i agree, looks a superb idea! What did you stick the backscene on with?

I included the photo of the blue aerosol as I get asked this question frequently....! - Bostik "FASTACK" - similar to Spraymount - tricky - you have to be fast and you dont get a second chance - best of luck :huh:

The backdrop looks fantastic. I like the idea of this small 'plank'. I look forward to your updates with interest as I keep thinking about a small plank layout similar to what you are creating here.

Dave

I haven't come across this particular range of pre-printed photo backscenes before - now having looked at them on the International Models website I can see an order heading their way fairly soon.

The only question of course is which one to pick!

I haven't come across this particular range of pre-printed photo backscenes before - now having looked at them on the International Models website I can see an order heading their way fairly soon.

The only question of course is which one to pick!

....buy a few....! (I am in no way connected to IM) you will need them for practice ohmy.gif tricky to perfect but the results are well worth it - I would not like to have a go at a 10' run though..........

post-7252-126996297522_thumb.jpg

Hi ,

They do look really good , on the site is suggests using Ready Mixed Solvite - Super High Performance - Wallcoverings Adhesive , and fixing it as you would wall paper to a wall after "sizing" the wall .

Not sure if that would get the same fantastic result as what you have done ... have you tried different methods ?

Shaun .

Hi ,

They do look really good , on the site is suggests using Ready Mixed Solvite - Super High Performance - Wallcoverings Adhesive , and fixing it as you would wall paper to a wall after "sizing" the wall .

Not sure if that would get the same fantastic result as what you have done ... have you tried different methods ?

Shaun .

I tried Border and Overlap adhesive firstly - touched the front of the paper and it was ruined you CANNOT rub or move the fronts of the backscene with a damp cloth like wallpapering they are far too delicate - SPRAYMOUNT is the best option but make sure you give the MDF a good covering (it tends to soak in) before positioning - Even with this one there is slight blistering and rippling when I leave it in the cold conservatory but when it is warm it "pulls back" hard work..! but well worth it.

Archived